or Connect

Posts by kJad29

I'm totally late on this one, but we have a girl here! After two boys, I'm happy to have a girl. My husband is thrilled and already getting books about how to be a total hard a$$ when your daughter starts to date. I told him that I would likely be worse than him. Oh well. I'm just happy to be having a little sweet girl to complete my family.
I have thankfully found that there are lots of homeschool moms on youtube. I've been watching reviews of different curricula of varying sorts and discovered Confessions of a Homeschooler who has a wonderful blog and free printables! I'll be using her printables when I set up the kids' calendar board. It includes the months of the year, seasons, the weather outside, and other cool stuff. She also has low priced downloadable curricula for preschool and K4 including the...
Hi! I'm doing some research for homeschooling for next year, as we plan on homeschooling our (nearly) 5 year old son. I have been researching it for the past several months since I'm due in April and don't want to have to think about it during my postpartum period. My son is in an IEP right now, but doesn't receive any special services like occupational therapy or speech in the public preschool he goes to. This was NOT our initial plan, since we wanted to avoid public...
Yes for Chris Tomlin. I also LOVE Gungor. Their music is beautiful and really inspiring. Oh and For King and Country. I also like the praise band at my church. They play all of the wonderful songs that I hear on the radio on the faith station.  
Thanks. It's great to know that I'm not the only one. I know that the Disciples of Christ also only do baptism after an age of maturity. No younger than like 14 years old which I think it great. I was what I call a spiritual commitmentphobe. I was on the track to becoming initiated in my Eastern faith practice, but just couldn't. It scared me because I felt that I couldn't follow the principles. Well actually I could, but I wondered to myself, "what if I changed my...
Hi all!   I have in the last few years undergone a wild transformation. I was a part of an Eastern faith and after having children and wanting to find a spiritual community that my DH and I could agree on we went to a Unitarian Universalist church while living in New England. Very God centered, with reason and wonderfully friendly people. We took that light of love with us when we had to relocate back to the D.C. area. I found that when I reconnected with my Eastern...
Alright, from what I gather, you want a theologically liberal Home Church environment that doesn't enforce tithing. That sounds awesome! It's one of those things you may have to start a meetup group to get. I have found that you could probably find progressive Christians in your area by going to Progressive Christianity. They are great. They have a wonderful children's curriculum called A Joyful Path that can be done in a church setting or at home. If you went in with a...
Wow! It's great to see so many different choices in birth. I plan on going to a birth center with CNMs this time. I had a home waterbirth for my first which was beautiful. My second birth was a home waterbirth that became a hospital transfer because of a posterior baby and stalled labor. The transfer wasn't an emergency, I just knew that I needed a little help with pitocin in order to get the labor started again. I was with a CPM which was illegal in the state I was...
I'm in!!! I was here before when having my first little one and I'm back for my 3rd and last baby! The midwife said according to the wheel that I'm due April 13th, but that we'll find out my dates at the first ultrasound. Yeah, I know, but at my age (37) the midwives are required to treat me like I have one foot in the maternity grave. Oh well. That's about it though so I'm happy. Please add me to the list!  
Tell me about it! I'm excited about the whole process since this may be my last pregnancy. I'm trying to enjoy every step of the way (especially the baby dancing during my fertile time!!! ). I'm on day 3 of a full body cleanse and so far so good. All the best of luck to you as well on your journey and perhaps we can make a thread for those of us more experienced moms out there. I was a part of the TTC #1 in your 30's thread so long ago. Is it still active? I was a 2008...