or Connect

Posts by ladydodson

this is kind of eye opening for me as i find myself distinguishing between our girls, mainly because it's just so amazing to me that they are so individual from one another...even though, through common sense, i realize this is going to be the case for any of our children...the fact that they are so close in age and shared a womb, etc...i dunno...i guess i expected wonder twin powers or something, lol. which might be what others are experiencing when they find it...
ours were born at home, and i know of a growing number of twinsets being born at home since...both our girls were breech and all was awesome...i just read about a mom having hers vertex/breech and they were 8 and 9lbs!!
i used (and still have) the my breast friend pillow...it was like a table top for the babies and i could football either one of them and have full use of my hands to read, browse on my iphone, take pictures, etc...it was kind of a hassle to get in and out of it...like i felt trapped underneath it once it was on...and i found i didnt use it in the middle of the night because of that...i just stacked one baby on my top breast and side nursed the other...but since you spend...
  from the same shoot, 7 months pregnant with twins. :)
        a favorite from our last pregnancy, twin girls...that's my son and i at the beach in venice, ca.
1. my water broke and contractions didnt start, in earnest, until about 17 hours later. once they started, my labor was less than 2hrs until baby a was born. i started feeling contractions again about 30-45 minutes later and then it was an additional hour or so until i started pushing w/ her. it all moved very fast, but when all was said and done, they were 2hr15min.   2. i gained i think 50lbs and my twins were 5lb20z  and 6lb3oz lbs. born at 37w1d   3. anything prior...
OMG congrats!!! how far along are you? i am sooooooooooooooo envious and also a bit horrified along side you. i keep saying i want more and hubs keeps telling me no/maybe yes/nah/what if we twin again, lol...   that said, a mama on my other message board has 2 sets of twins, 1 singleton and she just replaced 2 frozen embryos and has a feeling they both implanted...so she'll have THREE sets of twins and all of her kids are under 5...   i think if i were you, i'd...
i'd say you're going to be cramped, but im sure you know that! how bout finding a twin or toddler bed or crib and side carring it to the foot of your bed for your toddler? could hubs move to a couch or futon while you're night nursing the twins? my husband is just now coming back to bed and our twins are nearly 1yo.   i'd check out ohdeedo.com and small spaces...also pinterest for ideas. i love the idea of making bunks in the closet!
that is interesting. i renewed my VIP membership at fertility friend. it was nice to see the chart from when i became pregnant with our twins...its like...TURBO O, lol. i'd never seen anything like it in previous charts tho...so not sure if im a chronic hyper ovulator. hehe.   we are pretty stacked in the baby realm over here ourselves...4 4 and under and a girl about to be 16. :) doesn't really change my mind, but hubs sure is going to be a tough one to get on...
twin mommas to many, did you have more babies after your twins? how old were they? was it a smart decision, lol? (i know probably no one that would say, yah i shouldn't have had that child who i love so deeply, lol...but hypothetically?)   im turning 36 in october and hubs has put a moratorium on the baby talk until they turn 2...which seems like SO LONG FROM NOW. if i get through the next two months un-pregnant, it will be the longest stint in over 5...