or Connect

Posts by ladydodson

Quote: Originally Posted by CanBoo Question for the moms with toddlers/preschoolers too: Do you have set rules for your toddler around the baby? i dont have any SET rules, because i still feel like ocean is developing language wise and he doesn't always 'get' what im telling him. its more of a repeat until we learn thing...that said, i have to really WATCH him when pearl is around since his idea of love is to lay ON the baby like kdtmom2be...
yay! i love this thread! pearl (7 wks yesterday) has been smiling for what seems like weeks, but it never ceases to delight me...i love looking at her after i've been looking away and catching her just BEAMING at me...its like she's just waiting for me to notice. i also love when a smile is accompanied by a little squeal or sharp intake of breath... she's definitely seeing a lot more, and today i saw her follow her brother as he walked by her... her neck is...
we're having a party at my house and we'll most likely just have some ground fireworks...there is a show over our town and you can see it from the top of our hill with a short walk...we might do that...i know my 1yo enjoys fireworks...
ive started using disposables at night and cloth during the day...i think the littlest would get by on cloth, but my toddler is SOAKED in the morning and i dont want to disturb him to change him at night...and he even wakes up SOAKED if i do...i thought it might make him sleep in longer, but it hasnt...perhaps i'll go back. i hate all the garbage... right now we're using sposies on him since he's on abx and it gives him the GROSSEST poos...in fact, im on abx too...all...
Mother’s day began nicely. I’d been having contractions since the night before and even remembered a few making their way into my dreams. I was meant to be able to sleep in so when I woke up, rather than getting out of bed, I piled all the pillows behind me and slept while sitting up since I was getting to be too big for comfort lying down. I could smell the delicious meal my husband was making for my mother’s day breakfast at my request…I could hear Ocean, our youngest,...
Quote: Originally Posted by mamayarn Tandeming here too with molars coming in. Luckily my DH has been handling most nighttime parenting since we night weaned DS1 a few months ago, but the nights since DS2 was born a week and a half ago have been hit or miss for him sleeping well (mostly miss). Then during the day, it's like if he realizes that a boob is loose his eyes lock on it and there's no stopping him. It's been a long time since I nursed him in...
Quote: Originally Posted by the_lissa I can't believe it is June. I am back to the weight I was before I got pregnant this time, but I still have weight to lose to go back to where I was before my second pregnancy. this is pretty much me. im a few lbs under my weight upon getting pregnant this last time, but i was up about six from my pre pregnancy weight from my prior pregnancy/birth a year before...and im up about thirty from my ideal...
wow. my little girl is a grunter, too! completely different from her older sibs...lol. and she spits up constantly during her early morning wakings...perhaps i cant side lie nurse? how will i survive? im happy/yet still perplexed that i read this thread and see that a lot of you mamas are experiencing the same thing...but i wish i knew what to do. maybe i'll try propping us up on pillows and nurse her in the crook of my arm tonight...see if that helps w/ the...
i'll be sure to check that thread out! thanks mamas...took me awhile to make it back here...gotta get in the habit.
well, i already had my baby this month...may 11. a girl, pearl frances...i haven't been a member of your dd club at all throughout pregnancy, but would love some like minded mamas to go through newbornhood, etc. with. i have two other children, marin 13yo and ocean 21 months... looking forward to getting to know you all and your luscious little ones...: