or Connect

Posts by Forest Sage

My four year old ds and I take the bus everyday to get to his school. Altogether our daily ride takes just over an hour (on a good day). I've been using public transportation for 20 years and I have never been in accident. My opinion is that public transportation is even safer than car travel, as long as the child can stay seated properly on his or her bum. When ds was a toddler however, he didn't quite understand that he had to be still on the bus. He fought tooth and...
Ds will be five in June. He has been sleeping with me since day one, and he shows no signs of wanting his own bed. I'm also expecting a baby (actually on Ds's birthday) and I don't want to kick Ds out in favour of the newborn...I'm not sure exactly what I'm going to do. I don't think it's unusual for a child this age (or even older) to still want to sleep with parents.
No, I don't think Dh will ever sleep in the family bed! That's fine with me too. My almost 5 y.o. Ds and I sleep wonderfully together. Dh is in another room on the sofabed. Sometimes I miss sleeping with Dh (and he with me) but we've grown accustomed to our privacy...and I do NOT miss his snoring! This is such a natural arrangement for us, but most people think we're crazy! It's good to see you're all out there in the same boat as us considering this isn't the norm...
My results on the AFP screen were "moderately high," and I got the exact same result when I took the test the second time. I went for a level two u/s and did the whole genetic counselling thing. The ultrasound showed that there was nothing abnormal and my son was born in perfect health. However, that few weeks from the initial AFP test to finding out the results from the level two u/s were extremely stressful, knowing about the possibility of our child having spina...
WHOOO HOOOOOO Owen's Mom! I love the Hip too! Another Lynch fan here. An ex boyfriend and I travelled to Snoqualmie Falls WA to visit the beautiful waterfall that is featured at the beginning of Twin Peaks. Actually, for awhile there I was pretty obsessed with the show. I really did feel like the series lost alot of momentum after we found out who killed Laura Palmer. IMO Dave should have quit while he was ahead. Some episodes were just downright painful to...
Hi Jamie, I know EXACTLY how you feel. My son was in your little boy's position about a year ago. And I have to say, even though UTIs are less common in boys, they are not as uncommon as you think! My son toilet trained shortly after his third birthday. When that happened, he could not leave his foreskin alone (he is not circ'ed). It was not long before he started howling when he peed. My doctor sent us for a VCUG. It was most unpleasant...but at least we found...
I've read numerous points on this thread about marijuana use by the mother...pregnant, nursing, etc., but nothing yet about dad's use. My point being... I have a friend who thinks she may be pregnant. She hasn't toked in several years. Her baby's dad, however, is a habitual user (he likens it to prozac as well ). But she is worried and wondering if his goods may be slightly damaged... Does anybody know if she has anything to be worried about? Thanks in advance.
BIG TIME fan here! We have every episode on video. My fave episodes: ~When Shelley's mom Tammy comes to Cicely with her young husband ~When Shelley and Holling have their homebirth ~When Joel drinks Ed's "special tonic" and flashes into New York ~When Ed and Ruth Ann dance on her grave ~When Joel stays awake during the Midnight Sun ~When Maggie and Joel finally have sex ~Joel's dinner party ~When Maurice buys the antique clock/Chris hits the...
Quote: Originally posted by Etoile All of Matthew Sweet's albums were what got me through high school. Even though a lot of it is melancholy, I was so depressed at the time that it really helped me to feel like someone else knew what I was feeling. Especially in the song "Someone to pull the trigger". I met him at the end of my Senior Year. It was the highlight of my life up til then. I know what you mean Etoile! Matthew Sweet is very...
(((Nanner!!!))) I'm sorry if it seemed like I was jumping on you! I wasn't trying to attack you! I just have to deal with clients who are being hassled relentlessly by their caseworker when they aren't doing anything wrong. Such as people being investigated for welfare fraud, for no reason. They are in a vulnerable position, and I feel like they're being taken advantage of. Your 'moocher' friend, under the system where I live, would not be getting one red cent! Not...