or Connect

Posts by Forest Sage

Yes Waldorf is extremely expensive, to be sure! We have a very modest income. I am going to do everything possible to ensure that my bright little guy gets an awesome education. I have found the teachers to be very intuitive and intellegent. Scholarships rely on contributions to the school, because ours is completely independent, non-profit and tax exempt. Waldorf focuses on the child's inner strengths, paying close attention to how and when the child is taught. The...
I'm glad I could be of some help to you Steffi. I've definitely wished I could be more outgoing at times...it takes tremendous courage to reach out. I have a long way to go. I've only been participating on message boards for a couple of weeks, I don't understand all of the short forms that people use. I've never even been to a chat room before. Good luck in your search, it gets easier as time goes on. I'd like to keep in touch! Amie
Hello Dov, It's a delicate balance when we try to teach our kids to speak up for themselves and be assertive, but at the same time to respect other people's perspectives and not to be so aggresive so as to endanger themselves. I find myself tackling many of the same issues that you are. I cried with terrible grief when I saw the towers go down on t.v., but I never moved on to the anger that so many are experiencing now. People are bent on retaliation, and even though...
My 3 year old son and I have been doing the parent and child program at our local Waldorf campus. I cannot say enough good things about it. I would love to have him do junior kindergarten through to grade 8. Our program just ended this weekend and I already miss it! We'll be going again in the Springtime, when the earth wakes up again. The kindergarten is the only grade at our Waldorf that does not have a scholorship program so I don't think it is going to be a option...
Hi Steffi, I can't offer much guidance but I just wanted to tell you that I can relate. I don't drive either and it sure can be limiting, especially in the winter. I'm shy and have a hard time meeting people, and sometimes I'm afraid that my 3 year old son is as lonely as I am! None of my friends or sisters have kids so they don't really understand how it goes. I have been looking for playgroups as well. I found a couple by searching online, so we'll be trying those...