or Connect

Posts by Forest Sage

I guess you could say I realised my own freakdom when I was 9. This kid said to me, "Why are you always so WEIRD? And I replied, "I'm not weird. I am a non-conformist."
If I could turn back time I would have gone to Lollapalooza #1 because Jane's Addiction did one of their most legendary shows there (If I could have only seen them do Three Days live *SIGH*)
"The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you can control all the people." Noam Chomsky I think one of the reasons wealth refuses to acknowlege poverty is because wealth sees in poverty the EXACT same thing that drives it - fear of powerlessness. Wealth is about image making, and it's about presenting itself as worthy, great, potent and indestructible. But a vital part of keeping wealth invincible is keeping...
It is my belief that compassion alone will not help the poverty disaster. The only people who dedicate their talent and intellect to finding solutions for this problem are people who have BEEN THERE. Do you know that it is the wealthiest people who leave nothing to charity in their wills? I will find the exact figure, but it will make you sick. Please, no flames. I know there are wealthy people who are very charitable and loving. But the people who have the real...
Quote: Originally posted by Margo She was confident, she was kind, she was fun, she was Centered. We went to get a Jamba Juice between our matinee and evening show and I asked her how many siblings she had. Imagine my shock when she scrunched up her face quizzicly, thinking, and then announced "I'm not positive -- probably around 80." She then proceeded to explain that all her life her parents had foster children. "There are always kids in our house, and...
Hi Audrey, I totally put off having my wisdom teeth out too. I was completely freaked about having the surgery. I didn't think much about it until I became pregnant when I was 22 and I had so many unexpected trips to the dentist!!! When I was pregnant, for some reason, my wisdom teeth (two normal, two impacted) rotted very quickly. My dentist is a cool guy and since we didn't have insurance he took care of me for free during my pregnancy. He put temporary fillings on...
Oh my everyone, I feel like a major hypocrite now! Beth, I must admit, I am also a HUGE fan of Sex and the City. It wasn't always that way. My sister used to have a bit of a thing for Mr. John Corbett ("Aiden") so when she went away on vacation she asked me if I would tape the show for her (during a free cable promotional thing). So I did, and I was repelled by it at first. I thought the acting was bad too. But it grew on me, and I realized that the writing is...
The Dentyne Ice ad was one of the ones that bothered me so much, at least I think it was for Dentyne Ice. Is that the laundromat one where the girl is totally being harrassed? I must have seen that one 15 times. I remember the other ads too for Dentyne Ice and they all feature kissing, ususally one of the "kissers" is caught off guard. Sends mixed messages.
HOLY COW! I just have to rant for a little while. I was dog sitting yesterday and I had an opportunity to watch some tv, and I must say I've been detached from the kind of pseudo life perspective that tv provides. I don't think it is JUST ME, but there is a hell of alot more blatant sexual content on tv these days. It's only been a few years, I disconnected when my son was a baby, but even the average commercial now features ass shots and deep throat kissing and...
I definitely need to cast my vote for sexiest album... PURPLE RAIN by PRINCE What can I say, I was a child of the '80s.