or Connect

Posts by Forest Sage

Oh yeah...chocolate covered pretzels!
Donnie bathes with his dad every night. I rarely bathe with him because this is what happens... "Mom can I have the breast?" ~No, honey. Not right now. Let's play boats. "Mom, I love to have the breast." ~You can have the breast when we go to bed. "I need milk!" (sigh) "Mom, sometimes big boys need the breast too." ~Yes they do. "Mom, I'm not a baby, I'm a big booba boy." ~Let's relax and listen to the silence. "Mom..." ~Yes Donovan, "I really miss the...
The last two months of my pregnancy all I ate was heavenly hash ice cream. Now that's good hash!
Not to wax new-agey or anything, but I really love Suze Orman's books. I have to translate all of the American terms for Canadian ones, but she really explains the psychology behind debt. Even if you don't like her advice, I think you'll agree that the reasons behind the moves we make with our money are bound up with our emotions. Really unforgettable money talk.
Welcome to the board RoseAnn. Your son sounds like he has had some pretty major changes lately in his routine, switching daycare is a big one. It sounds to me that he may be anxious about having a brother or sister coming. This kind of anticipation can ground even the most spirited child. Maybe he thinks when he is away at school in September, you and daddy and the new baby are going to forget all about him. It's hard to say how the young child's mind perceives...
Good point Pina la Nina. In a perfect world nobody would be offended by a child's innocent curiosity. I wish everyone could be like the good spirited and understanding people who "go along" with the conversations at hand. I am irked when I find myself in a position where I feel like I have to defend myself or my son for something he says. Ah, if only I didn't always need to be the Peacekeeper...
Beware parents...I thought I should say this. When I was 9 I was a latch key kid in a single mom household. I cared for my two younger sisters by myself, and my mom didn't get home until 6 p.m. (in the winter it would be dark by then). At 10 I was left alone with an 11 year old friend, and together we would be responsible for my sisters and his two younger brothers as well. This happened on a regular basis. At the time we were proud of having such grown up...
The "private parts" discussions can be the funniest, although not at the time. My son likes to announce that mom doesn't have a penis OR a "boreskin." Mom has a "bagina." People are always taken aback when he tells them "I grew inside mom's utoowus."
These replies have really brightened my day (and busted my gut)!!! I have to say, when my son says something, it isn't so much that I am embarrased, but usually I have to try hard not to laugh. The things he says make me want to howl with wild abandon...but at the same time I don't want it to seem to others that I allow my son to make fun of people. I know he isn't capable of making fun of others, and he doesn't have a cruel bone in his body. He loves people. But some...
I'm a nerd. Mine is from "The Legend of Zelda", which I think is way cool. (I am an aging Gamer.)