or Connect

Posts by AbbieB

I definitely feel the wake up to eat connection. I pretty much count on having a middle of the night snack/meal. I would not be able to eat enough if I didn't add that meal to my day.   I think the other thing going on is hormonal/brain changes. When pregnant you switch over to mothering a newborn sleep. You loose the ability to get into deep sleep. So it's easier to wake up, but hard to go back because you don't have a baby nursing and helping with all the sleepy...
YUP! I've been sleeping in short 1-3 hour bursts, getting up to stretch and move about to get rid of the ache and then going back to sleep, repeat.   This baby has been transverse a lot, and I find that when she/he is, I'm hurting. Just in the last few days she/he has been more head down and I have felt relief. Babe is not staying there all the time so I still get aches.   I have found these things work to help:   heat. rice pack or hot bath did I mention...
http://journeytocrunchville.wordpress.com/2010/08/17/why-you-should-stop-doing-kegels/#entry   I read this about kegels and quit doing them at about 2 months pregnant. I have been doing them for years, but after baby number 2 wetting my pants at the slightest sneeze, cough, whatever, exspecially right before ovulation and my period was just gonna happen.   I have been doing daily exersises recomended for the pelvis and pelvic floor from http://spinningbabies.com/...
You mentioned that she is wiggly all day in class, so I am assuming she is a pretty active kid. Both of my kids are too.   There is no way they would be able to lay down and be quiet after eating. Food gives them an energy burst, no matter what kind of food it is.   I'm guessing your DD is the same way. I can see the behavior as being a way for her to get the energy out.   Can you and her teachers brainstorm some ways for her to get a burst of physical...
Just an update.   I called the practice and told them I was seeking care else where. No big deal. No follow up calls. No one asked me any questions.   Since doing that I have been so much more relaxed. I'm sleeping better. I feel healthier. I find I am all of a sudden much more in tune with the baby and the pregnancy in general. It was so stressful being constantly treated like a ticking time bomb and being treated like I had no say in my own care.   I have...
I'm posting at 3:30 am. Enough said. Anyone else?   I find it so funny that at this point in my pregnancy I seem to only be able to sleep by passing out anytime I sit down to rest during the day, unintentional cat nap style, but getting into bed at night means I'll be up and down all night with bursts of energy.   It's definitely a pregnancy pattern for me. It's my third time going through this.   Anyone else?
I've got a pretty nice stash of slings, mei ties, and wraps.   The moby wrap will be in heavy use the first weeks. The stretchiness and the easy wash ability are the number one reasons. A little poop? Leaky milk? Easy to wash and tumble dry. I also like the ease of popping a babe in and out without retying. After that newborn period I will retire it in favor of my woven wraps.   With my first two, pre wrap love, I used a pouch style sling the first weeks. I got...
2 water births under my belt.   First one was not where I labored, I needed a lot of pressure from DH on my back and land was the better place for that. But the 1.5 hours of pushing in the water was amazing! I don't think I could have gotten into the same position without the boancy of the water. DD was 10.3 lbs, I did not tear.   Second one went from transition to pushing so fast I almost missed birthing in the water. I had labored in it and it ws fantastic! I...
My first birth was a rough one. 3 weeks for start/stall labor. 3 days of active back labor. DH was a rock. He came home every time I called to say "I think this is it" with out grumbling when it wasn't. He stayed awake for 3 days with me (I'm sure he napped, I just was not feeling the lack of his presence.) He applied ridiculous amounts of pressure to my sacrum for hours and hours at the end. He was in the gross pool water with me to help catch (baby was born with me...
During my 2nd pregnancy I would get very strange buzzy/static shock type feelings located low and in the center. My midwife thought it was normal and was the baby hitting my cervix.   I've had it a few times this pregnancy, but not as frequent or as strong as the last time.