or Connect

Posts by AbbieB

My son hung out around 120 the whole pregnancy. He was a super mellow baby, both before birth and his first year.
Here's my situation:   I'm pregnant with my 3rd baby. I qualified for medicare this time around and I had a few worries in the first trimester so I decided to seek shadow care from an midwife/OB practice.   My first 2 children were born at home with a midwife, the second time she was out of state so not legal in my state. I did self care with phone consults for my second baby and was prepared to UC, but in the end went with some help.   This time around the...
OMG! After seeing those pictures I can not wait for April to get here!!!!! I need to go look at my waterbirth pics now.   Hi everyone. I thought I was going to be a little more standard care then stay home for a MW attended homebirth this time around but it looks like we are moving to thinking MW attended homebirth maybe UC. DH just today said he was much more comfortable with a UC than a hospital birth! Big change from last time when there was no way he would even...
I wanted to share something I learned from my medicare advocate.   MW/OB practices can bump me to the 1 and oly high risk practice in the area at anytime.   MW/OB practices can drop me at anytime before 30 weeks. No OB/MW practice will take me after 30 weeks.   From 30-40 weeks they can not drop me. I could sue them for abandonment if they did.   After 40 weeks, they can drop me for refusing to be induced (or any reason really.)     I found all of...
I have been unhappy with my current hospital based midwifery care. I feel like all they do is order tests, get good results and then order more tests to look deeper. I have refused some testing (all related to birth defect screening) and I have gotten a lot of crap for it from the practice (despite being assured that I could decline everything, no problem, at the initial interview.)   I'm 22 weeks and I've been tested for STD's 2x, had 2 types of diabetes tests, been...
Yes.   I was thinking pregnancy mask, but that is usually brown.   At 36 weeks you've got a lot of extra blood, hormones galore, and maybe your capillaries are just flushed. Plus you are running hotter than usual.   I had my first baby in a northern climate and the dry heated air + cold outside temps did a number on my skin. I got chapped very easily. Could that be a factor?
It just kicked in for me, along with a wicked loose pelvis and some other TMI type hormonal surge signs.   I find when even my joints loosen up, that little flap in my esophagus gets loose too.   A Wendy's frosty works wonders for me.
I'm still treating the gender as a surprise too despite my strong girl feelings (had strong gender feelings with my other kids also, and I was right both times) and maybe seeing some girl bits at 15 weeks. Seeing fuzzy images on a screen is not the same has holding your babe and knowing.   I love that your babe's booty shot is your avi!
http://spinningbabies.com/   Can't say enough about this website. After going through 3 days of back labor with my DD, I was determined to do everything I could to prevent it happening again.   The advice there saved my son and I from a brow presentation (last minute inversions to give him room to tuck that chin!)   From this point on it is important to make your belly a hammock for your baby to snuggle in (rather than making your back/spine the snuggle...
OP, I'm sorry you feel attacked and are leaving the conversation. I had never heard of MRSA before and I'm finding this thread very enlightening.   I am concerned that you have been treated so callously by your midwives. Have they referred you to someone else for care, someone that will be able to provide care? 32 weeks is a terrible time to just drop someone. I am under the impression that they are required legally and ethically to continue your care until you have...