or Connect

Posts by AbbieB

No offense taken.   My mother suffers terrible from placenta brain when I am pregnant. She invents things to worry about and loses all common sense.  
A brief summery of my experiences:   First appointment. I really like the MW. I like the info she shares about the practice. She is one of 3. I feel slightly pressured to take my pants off for an exam.   Second appointment. First baby ultrasound ever. It went well.   Third appointment (or the appointment from hell.) I had an appointment with MW #2 to go over labs from first appointment, that was it. MW# 3 walked in. She started to examine me without saying...
I need a thread to share all the crazy stuff coming out of my mother's mouth. I can't just keep making mini rant posts.   Today. I was chatting with my mom and sharing with her the weird feeling I had last night. I was up peeing, and I had my hands on the sides of my baby belly, doing the get off my bladder lift, and I could feel gas bubbles from what must have been behind my uterus echoing around in my uterus, kind of like a racket ball echoing around in a court. It...
I've been craving a beer too. I think it's about relaxation for me. I just want to throw one back and veg.   I learned the hard way, sipping a small glass of champagne for my aniversarry with my first pregnancy (around this time too), that it's not going to make me feel good, so I avoid it.   I did have a glass of Guiness that pregnancy for St. Patty's and it was sooooo gooood. I sipped it over the course of an hour with food. Maybe beer is better (Guiness is...
I have yet to meet a baby carrier I didn't like!   I love wraps. Moby is awesome the first month or so, but now that I have a few didys, I'm sure I will be using those in the early days too.   I had a maya wrap and a maya pouch for my first and those were fantastic. I still have them but they were not the best with my low toned second baby. I moved to a wider cotton psling and it was fantastic (but not exactly the same as a typical ring sling.) It is kind of the...
I feel the same pain.   I accurately predicted both of my kid's sex while pregnant, but we did not label them as such, the baby was always a baby, not a him or her until birth. We did not have an ultrasound with either of them so it was still a surprise to find out I was right.   This time around I told my DH quite definitively when I got my positive pregnancy test that it was a girl. I was not holding back on the predictions this time around. I just trusted the...
I'm glad I'm not alone. It makes it easier some how. All this stuff is why my mom is not allowed to be any where near me while I'm in labor, in fact I don't even let her know when it starts, she just gets the 3 am call when the baby has arrived (and both times had no idea why we might be calling and telling her to go look at her email to see a picture, ha ha ha.)   After my first labor (home birth), she was VERY upset to hear that I vomited as I was moving into...
I need to eat a good balance of protein to carbs or I feel crappy. I'm worried that I'm headed for GD.   But my urine and blood tests have been good.   I had a horrible visit with one of the midwives in the practice last week. I had never met her and she came in the room ready to diagnose me with diabetes because my first baby was a 10 ponder (she said the fact that she was 3 weeks overdue meant nothing.) When I pressed her on why she was so sure I was diabetic,...
I'm 17 1/2 weeks and feeling so uncomfortable in my body right now.   I look/feel fat. My 8 year old, who is going through that I-say-out-loud-every-thought phase keeps saying, "Mommy, don't get mad at me for being mean, but you look really fat." Thanks kid. She wants to know when I'll look pregnant rather than fat. Really, thanks kid.   My center of gravity has shifted a bit in the last week. I waddle if I don't pay attention. I am very aware of this water...
...that you not freak out every single time that I mention I am feeling nauseous, uncomfortable, or a little tiered. You always ask me, "WHY? WHAT'S WRONG?" in a panicked voice and then get mad at me when I calmly answer, "I'm pregnant."   I'm probably a little off my game when it comes to managing my sometimes frustrating and difficult relationship with my mother. I fall for the bait every time she asks me how things are going, or asks why I sound off, or how is...