or Connect

Posts by AbbieB

My first child, was an extremely attached child up until about 6.5/7 years old. Then she just started growing out of it.   I think some kids are just wired that way. I think I was a bit this way too, I just spent lots of nights cowering in fear in my room alone, sucked my thumb until 7 and was forced by a dental appliance not too, wet the bed until 6, and wrestled with bouts of nightmares and insomnia as an older child and teen to compensate. I believe that it is a...
I think you need to balance you and your child's comfort with safety here.   I believe that our cultures obsession with safety at all costs has gone too far in may areas, and is often driven by corporate profits, rather than common sense. I do not believe that the drive behind all of the states varying car seat laws was pushed through by anything other than car seat manufactures seeing a way to force parents to by 2, 3 or even 4 different car seats per child (because...
I wasn't picking on your post. I was directing my comments at the OP.
No 8 month old is independent. She's a baby. She may be content to play on the floor for a few minutes at home, but I would never expect her to play with another child no matter what the situation and it's not developmentally appropriate to expect a 13 month old to be ready for that either. At best the kids will play parallel to each other, interacting a bit.   I think it sounds completely normal for a baby to cry like you described in the situation you described. 2...
Turn her around!
This pregnancy I KNEW it well before a positive showed up. I did not need to see a test since my body was screaming "Your pregnant!"   But, I needed to get proof of pregnancy (for insurance just in case, and later for the birth certificate) and had 3 pee tests sitting on my bathroom shelf from 4 years ago. So I tested to help confirm dates, then once I got a positive, went down to the health department to pee on their stick and get my official, very not official...
I'll play.   I was around 200 pounds for both of my previous pregnancies. I gained, 12, and 14 pounds during those, and obviously weighed less post partum than before I got pregnant. My first pregnancy I ate ridiculous amounts of food, mostly fruits, vegetables and meat. Not to much junk. Second pregnancy was a lot of junk, basically anything I could stomach, I aimed for healthy but did not do that great a job. I felt I ate to little.   DD was 10.3 pounds. DS was...
We were given a snuggle nest before out first. Great for sleep training DH to stay out of the middle of the bed while I was pregnant, waste of money once the babe was born. I found that co sleeping while nursing had the babe wanting to be head at boob height in the bed, the snuggle nest was just an awkward piece of plastic that got in the way. I also thought the ridged base made it too tippy in our bed, as in every time someone moved DD would get rolled around, which did...
OP, I'm glad to hear you DD is doing better. It sounds like you have handled it well and so has T's mother. These type of situations happen in life, and we all have to just work through them.   I am seriously shocked at the discussion that has taken place about the OP's husband being unreasonable about not wanting a dog. Pets are a big responsibility, just like a child. Maybe not as long lasting, maybe not quite as expensive, but pets certainly are a part of the...
2 pregnancies while nursing.   My cycles came back at 7/8 months postpartum. Started tring for #2 when first born was 18 months. It took 2 years. #3 happened as a bit of a suprise (thought I was expecting my period next day.) 2nd born was almost 4.   For me, it's all about the lutal phase. Nursing kept mine pretty short, about 7/8 days. I got pregnant when it hit 9 days.