or Connect

Posts by frenchie

We are completing our Kinder year, and we used K-12. Part of the K-12 curriculum, aside from Language Arts, is Phonics. Spelling is part of the Phonics curriculum. I have personally found Phonics along side Lang. Arts to be very beneficial for my son.
We're doing Waldorf HSing for 1st grade. I ran across this website on Goodle...http://www.waldorfcurriculum.com/index.html. It's a WONDERFUL website. It's on the verge of overwhelming with info. Also, this is a great site too...http://www.waldorfwithoutwalls.com/articles/. We've been doing K-12 for K, but it's just not our cup of tea. My experience has taught me exactly the direction I want to go with HSing.
I wouldn't put a negative spin on it. I'd explain that when people get older, their skin sags and hangs on their bodies, especially their faces. Tell her that her grandma felt that her skin was sagging too much, it made her uncomfortbable, so she had a doctor fix it. I'd also wait to see your child's reaction. Wait for her to ask you questions. Keep your explanation short and simple.
FYI: parking is $12, not $10 If you plan to spend money on souveniers, I recommend purchasing Disney Dollars, just for the fun of it. It spends the same as regular money. You can bring food into the park. We always pack a full lunch with mounds of snacks. Food is very expensive, and not worth what you pay. IF you do eat at the park, the best food for your money is at the Carnation on Main St. or the Pizza Port in Tomorrow Land. The weather should be nice in the...
Quote: Originally Posted by BarnMomma I think I"m in the minority here but here goes. We buy DS toys or books or clothes pretty often. Maybe once every two three weeks he gets something new. DH and I both grew up dirt poor and never had much. I remember to this day as a child yearning for certain items that friends of mine had. Not having anything didn't make me grateful so to speak for what I had, it made me hungry for more. Ditto for DH. So...
Clothing like that are "park clothes". If it gets stained, or tears, big deal. As for the toys...they are just toys. I don't make a big deal about toys, unless they are unreasonably noisy. SIL bought DD a Dora kitchen, but all DD wanted to do was press the buttons to make noise. I returned it and used the credit toward a wooden kitchen, and paid the difference.
Quote: Originally Posted by Tigerchild It's totally normal for your own motherhood to bring up these feelings. Everyone always told me "Oh, you'll understand her when you become a mother." Actually, that didn't happen for me--it only made me more angry because I realized that one COULD control one's tongue and hands with young children. If I could do it, why couldn't she? That sort of thing. I totally relate!!
I can't tell you just HOW MUCH I can relate to you, without typing a full on novel. I went to therapy years ago, because my marriage was falling apart. Turns out, my therapy ended up being all about my mom, and little about my marriage. It took me a year of therapy, to muster up the courage to confront her. I had to just lay it out, and let her know where she stood in my life. It didn't change much in the sense that we still just have a superficial relationship. However, I...
B-day, Christmas and Easter. My kids have A LOT of toys, and never have a NEED for extra toys. I will buy books or games any time of the year, but not toys. How do you handle ungrateful behavior? **I let DS know that his behavior is unacceptable. We then discuss how HE likes to be treated by others. I then let him know that if HE wants to be treated well,then heneeds to treat others well too. We discuss how nice gratitude feels when it's bestowed upon us. "Thank you" is...
Today went REALLY well!! We had whole grain pancakes, fruit and yogurt for breakfast. Mac n Cheese with fruit for lunch, and Veggie Taco salad for dinner. He actually asked for seconds at dinner. He had 1 snack between each meal as well. I stuck to our "meal schedule", and the timing seemed to make a big difference in our day. I believe that only allowing 1 snack between meals made a huge difference today. Normally, I'd allow snacking every hour, because he always...