or Connect

Posts by Heavenly

Personally I'd get her in to talk to someone.  That is not normal behaviour IMO.  Those types of comments should never be taken lightly.
How is it going to negatively affect his mental health and attitude about sex to be told that NO means NO and that he does not deserve to be sexually assaulted??  I work for a sexual assault crisis centre and you would not believe how horribly negative of an affect it has on people - well into adulthood - to know that their assault was NOT taken seriously and that their parents didn't view it as serious enough to take the appropriate actions.  I swear, I feel like I am in...
In response to the bolded - are you kidding me???  Overreacting?  What if this was a 13 (almost 14) year old girl and a 17 year old boy??  Just because the boy was the victim doesn't mean it is still not sexual assault and a crime.  According to the boy he said no.  No means no.  PERIOD.  I would go to the police.  Otherwise you are telling your son it is okay for him to be victimized because he is a boy.  I cannot believe people think that it is overreacting to go to the...
My daughter is almost 10 and she has very hairy legs.  She is half Greek so it is very dark and noticeable. I have tried to tell her that it's not a big deal but she is starting to feel really self-conscious about it.  She is a gymnast so her legs are visible a lot year round.  I don't know whether 10 is too young to start shaving.  Or whether she can even do it without hacking up her legs.  I think waxing would likely be too painful - although that would possibly last...
If your child is bipolar you will need to medicate so you'll need to get over that aversion.  Medications are a useful tool when they are needed.  My son was diagnosed with bipolar disorder (and other issues) when he was 7.  He is now 11.5.  Get a very comprehensive evaluation.  I do not believe in diagnosing a child with a serious mental illness like bipolar without seriously looking into everything.  My son had a 20+ hour evaluation over the course of 6 weeks and was...
We are going through a lot right now with my son and I am so stressed out.  It is 2am and I can't sleep bc I am too worried and too busy researching trying to find some way to make his life easier or to somehow fix things.  How do you handle parenting a special needs child when things aren't going well?  In some ways I feel resentful of those with "normal" kids and I know that isn't right.  But I would love for my biggest worry to be which lessons to sign my child up for...
We got word today that the diagnosis is confirmed.  He definitely has nephrogenic diabetes insipidus.  We have a long road ahead of us for many reasons. :(
I don't judge.  I have two special needs kids who are trying even on their best of days.  I don't say things in front of the kids but I have made comments about selling the kids to a passing circus or me running away to cuba to sip drinks and hide from the kids.  Yes it sounds bad but dealing with difficult kids can make you want to run away or sell your kid to the zoo!  It doesn't mean I don't love my kids, because I do. It just means I am human, with human emotions.
Today we were told that my 11.5 year old son likely has nephrogenic diabetes insipidus.  We go for tests tomorrow to confirm.  He has been on lithium (for bipolar disorder) for 4 years and if he does have it the lithium is what caused it.  I am feeling so scared and guilty (bc we chose to put him on meds even though I know he needed them).  The dr said the damage may be permanent.  He will have to go off the lithium and try and restabilize on another med which is...
By getting up and doing it!  I have severe fibromyalgia, and multiple other health issues.  I have a severe sleep disorder.  A sleep study noted that out of the 5 hours I managed to sleep I was in deep sleep for 11 minutes.  11 minutes!  I am the poster child for exhaustion.  You just do it.  Cry the whole time if you have to, but do it.  And why do you insist on homeschooling?  Why? If you are that exhausted that is not a good situation for anyone. Put the kids in...