or Connect

Posts by Heavenly

I dealt with a similar situation when my son was that age.  I don't mean to be harsh but you have to deal with it and making excuses about every single thing is not getting you anywhere.  I have lived it, I know that it is completely, completely overwhelming.  But when your 7 year old (mine) is attacking you with a hockey stick and your little girls are having to lock themselves in their room for safety something has to give.  It is hard to get help and it is hard to...
My DH has gone out of town for the first time without us and the kids said something today that really broke my heart.  They said they miss Daddy but that our house is a lot happier when he isn't here. :(  My husband has a temper and he seems to be permanently irritated with everyone.  At the same time he is a good dad but he literally has zero ability to discipline without getting angry.  I take a more casual approach.  If they are fighting I won't immediately jump in...
What gave you the idea that Soul-O was doubting the diagnosis??  I don't think that is a helpful comment.  Actually I find your comments downright offensive. Mothers of children with these types of disabilities are always being asked to prove that their child REALLY has it and how is that fair?  Would you ask a mother of a child in a wheelchair to prove their child really couldn't walk?  My son has tons of issues - all diagnosed after VERY thorough assessments.  He has...
Her school goes until 8th grade (private school) and her classwork still seems to be a lot of sit and do this workbook, sit and read this exact story so we can all discuss it, etc.  I do not personally like her teacher so this should be an interesting meeting.  I called the school on another matter and mentioned that when I get back (my father is ill and I am going to stay and help my mother out for awhile) I need to meet with the school regarding testing that Olivia had...
Just adding in case anyone asks - they tests they used for Olivia are:   WISC-IV (Wechsler Intelligence Scale for Children - Fourth Edition) WJA-III (Woodcock-Johnson Tests of Achievement - Third Edition) WRAML-2 (Wide Range Assessment of Memory and Learning - Second Edition)   We (the parents) and teacher also completed:   Achenbach Child Behaviour Checklis Conners Third Edition  
I just received my daughter's test scores today and I am overwhelmed at what to do about them.  She turned 9 in November and she is currently in grade 4.  She is starting to act out in class and not bother doing her school work, which we know is not on par with her abilities, so we paid for complete psycho-educational testing.   The psychologist did not give me a number IQ but she said it is in the 98%.  She is working 2-4 grade levels above in every subject.  The...
I wouldn't feel comfortable with it. 
Too young?  My 9 year old trains multiple days a week in gymnastics and dance.  She also goes to frequent playdates and sleepovers.  She is a very mature 9 year old.  I have been considering getting her a cell phone so that she can contact us more easily.  What do you think about cell phones and preteens?  
I agree, please take her to the doctor.  Yes, it may be normal for some 9 year olds but I don't know that it is normal for a 57 lbs 9 year old whose siblings started between 12-14 years old. 
And at what age?  I live across the street from a park with a playground.  There is hill to go over so you can't see the playground from my house.  Since I'm in a semi-detached I actually have no window access to the park.  I have never let my kids go there alone even though it is very close.  They are 6, 9, and 11 this year and I am starting to considering whether they are old enough to go to the park alone.  I am terried of child molesters or kidnappers to be honest...