or Connect

Posts by Heavenly

My dad has been in poor health for a long time (heart disease and diabetes) but we just kept telling ourselves he'd be fine.  He had his first heart attack 9 years ago and he was still hanging on.  On Thursday I got a call from my sister saying that he had been hospitalized with kidney failure.  She and her husband drove up to where our parents live (5 hr drive) on Friday and when they saw him on Saturday they said he seemed better after the dialysis.  They went home on...
I was 21 when I had my son, 23 when I had my first daughter, and 26 when I had my second daughter. I am very happy that I had them young because now they are 6, 9, and 11 and I am only 32 years old. 
Yesterday my father was hospitalized and today we found out that it is what they suspected - end-stage renal failure.  He also has heart disease and diabetes so he is really not well.  He was taken by ambulance to a bigger hospital and started on dialysis this morning.  We don't know how long he has and I am just a mess.  So my sister-in-law has been texting me and she keeps saying stuff that is really pissing me off in its insensitivity.  First when I told her they were...
I am in Ontario, you can't go to a different dr for the same thing when you've already been given treatment (OHIP frowns upon it).  He has already taken 5 days of the antibiotic used to reduce the contagious period of whooping cough and other than that there is no treatment (other than the natural stuff we are already doing).  The test will not show up positive after you've had antibiotics.  I will be recording some of his fits over the weekend and will likely go back to...
Now I understand everyone has different experiences and many people who get whooping cough will get cases that people would not consider severe but when reading back through pages and pages of search results for whooping cough on here I am stunned by how many people say, "oh well they tell you its really, really bad but it actually isn't" as if that is a universal truth. I did not see one person say it was totally horrible and they wouldn't wish it on their worst enemy....
Both my husband and I are starting to feel sick now.  We'll know in a week or so I guess it is whooping cough.  Right now we both have congestion, fatigue, starting to cough, low-grade fever off and on.  The girls don't have any symptoms so far.
We are pretty sure it is whooping cough.  He is still having the bouts of coughing that end in vomitting.  Between those bouts he seems fine.  He already had 5 days of erythromycin when we thought it was bronchitis and they put him on an inhaler but it doesn't seem to help much.  We're not going to bother getting a formal diagnosis because there is nothing more that can be done at this point but to wait it out.   My question now is how long to keep him out of...
My son is 11 (this week) and is unvaccinated.  He has had a cough for over 2 weeks and on Friday was diagnosed with bronchitis and put on antibiotics.  He is getting even worse and the last 3 days has been having horrible coughing fits that end in him vomiting.  He has vomited 20+ times a day in the last 3 days from coughing.  He is barely eating and has a low-grade fever.  I am not hearing a whooping sound at all though.  I am taking him back to the dr today but I am...
What do you mean they won't do it?  Is that actually an option in your house?  My kids do not have the option to not clean their room when I tell them to.  There are consequences for every action, or inaction. If I tell them to clean their room they do it or they will lose their stuff.  It's that simple.  I don't want to see it lying all over the place so if they don't do it their stuff will be put into a garbage bag for a week.  After the week they get their stuff back...
I just need to vent! I am in university and a new semester just started (I am a double major Social Development Studies/Women's Studies major heading towards a Masters in Social Work).  One course I'm taking is called Women and Entrepreneurship.  It is about the history of women's work from the 19th century up to the present time focusing on entrepreneurship.  Today in class the teacher opened a discussion on immigrant workers and whether or not the government or banks...