or Connect

Posts by Heavenly

I have an idea.  Do what is best for your child and not for yourself.  She likes school. Let her go to school.  My gifted 9 year old would go insane if I kept her at home.  It doesn't matter how much stimulation I could give her at home, it wouldn't be enough.  Reread your post.  You say she loves school...yet YOU don't want her to go.  Think on that one for awhile.
Wow!  That is scary!  I would definitely make sure to not yell at all so as not to fuel the fire at all.  I would maybe even call some services (not CPS) to show that I am seeking help in case it does get to CPS level.  2 of my 3 kids are special needs.  My oldest has bipolar disorder, anxiety disorder, ADHD, and multiple learning disabilities and my youngest will be assessed as soon as we can get in for similar issues.  On any given day I'm sure someone could think a...
They stopped the penicillin because I'd already been on it for 6 days with no improvement.  Tuesday evening I ended up at the hospital for 8 hrs (from 4pm to 12am) because my fever spiked to almost 104 degrees.  When they saw that they took me right back to treatment.  They did a bunch of blood work and put me on IV with saline fluid, steroids (to decrease the swelling in my throat because I couldn't even swallow my saliva), some kind of stronger antibiotic, something...
On December 12 I was prescribed a 10 day course of antibiotics (penicillin).  I took the doses at the appropriate time.  On December 18 I was started on cefprozil and I have now had 5 doses (2.5 days) worth of it with no improvement.  Throat is still killing me, still spiking fevers, very weak and shaky. I am starting to think I should go back in because this is obviously not working.
I was diagnosed with strep throat on Monday, December 12.  The doctor prescribed penicillin and by Wednesday I was feeling a lot better and by Thursday the sore throat was gone.  Last night before bed my throat started hurting again and this morning I woke up in terrible pain and feeling even worse than I did on Monday.  I went to the clinic and they said that the swab was highly positive for strep.  So now they've put me on cefprozil which they said should knock it but...
The hoops didn't work!  This morning when she got up the whole earlobe was scabbed over and the earring was completely stuck in place.  Starting to think she might not be able to keep the piercing.  We're going to try keeping it moist with vaseline so the earring stops sticking to her ear and ripping the skin off.
Today I tried to take the earring off and it literally pulled a chunk of skin off her ear.  We're doing the peroxide and polysporin and now we are putting gold hoops in instead of the gold studs.  The studs sit right against her ear and every time we try and turn the earring it rips her skin off so we are hoping the hoops will give her ear a chance to heal.  My youngest daughter will not be getting her ears pierced for a long, long time because this is just way too much...
My daughter got her ears pierced 13 months ago and she has had problems ever since.  We've determined that she can only wear 14 karat gold or higher because everything else reacts.  She has had an infection in her right ear lobe for awhile and we are trying anything we can to treat it.  We bought a new pair of gold piercer earrings, we've been cleaning them 3 times a day with the ear care solution the jeweller gave us, we've been using polysporin.  It was finally...
My neice is autistic and at your son's age was completely non-verbal.  She started with a few words at 4.5 years old and continued to progress from there.  She is now 12.5 years old and she is incredibly verbal and talks up a storm.  My nephew, her adopted brother, started talking at 3 but didn't progress past echolalia until he was about 7.  He said his first real sentence at 7 ("I love you baby broccoli" to a piece of his salad! lol).  He is 8.5 now and talking more...
The idea of a child bathing less than once a week is kind of gross to me to be honest.  Is there some benefit to not bathing I'm unaware of?  My kids used to bathe 2-3 times a week but now the older two are hitting puberty (almost 11 and 9) and they stink and get oily hair if they don't shower every other day.  By the older age it isn't a big deal because they do it all themselves.  My almost 6 year old still needs help with her hair but like I said, a minimum of twice a...