or Connect

Posts by Heavenly

On Friday September 30 I went to a dermatologist to get some stuff looked at.  I had a hanging mole removed from my neck (healing fine) and a dermatafibroma removed from my chest (also healing fine).  While there the dr noticed a mole on my upper back that he said looked suspicious and he said he should remove it.  3 days after it started to hurt really badly.  When I went back for my one week appt he said it was infected and prescribed 7 days of oral antibioitcs and...
I used to love MDC.  It was my parenting home.  I joined in 2001 when my son was born and posted here for many years.  It is nothing like it used to be at all.  For me one of the biggest reasons I rarely post is the moderators.  We used to be able to have discusssions and call people on their crap if need be.  Now you can't say anything without someone smacking you on the hand for it.  They killed their own board.  It is sad. 
I think you should let her make her own choices without prejudice.  I do not agree that bras are unnecesarry, nor are they some "tool of the man" to oppress women.  We have breasts, they are usually more comfortable with some type of support.  Why is that a bad thing.  I really don't see why you wouldn't just let her pick her own undergarments.  Isn't being a feminist about empowering women to make their own choices?  How is trying to convince her that bras are uncessary...
Okay I've only read the first page, but really?  So I am supposed to not parent my own child because it might upset yours?  Really?  Let's give an example.  Say my 9 year old has plans to go to a move in the evening with a friend.  During the day she mouthed off horribly and refused to clean her room even though that had been one of the contingincies for being allowed to go to the movie.  So.... I am supposed to allow her to go anyways because it might disappoint YOUR...
Is this a US thing?  I've never heard of needing a physical.  I am in Ontario and I just signed a waiver when we started saying we don't vaccinate and no one batted an eyelash at it.
LMAO!  As often happens the second I went and spent the money on another test and took it my period started!  So it was definitely not a real positive.  My sister always says the best way to get your period to start is to waste the money on a pg test.  Alls well that ends well, thanks for the input!  
I am definitely not ttc but I figured this was the best place to ask.  My cycles are fairly irregular so I never really know if I am late or whatever, I just start to notice when it's been awhile.  Anyways I decided to do a detox kit to try and jumpstart my period but I always take a pg test first just to be on the safe side.  I took a Clearblue Plus+ test (blue dye) because it was on sale and there was a faint positive within 30 seconds.  It is not so faint that you...
I think you did fine.  We had a similar situation and we were totally blunt and explained that he could kill his sister and what her being dead meant.  If it traumatized him to hear that oh well.  Better than being traumatized by living the rest of his life knowing he seriously hurt or killed his sister.  I'm sure there was no malicious intent behind her actions but sometimes you need serious shock value to permeate that bubble of "I can do whatever I want!" that seems...
If you can afford it I'd pay for the private school.  My kids were homeschooled and then we put them in private Christian school.  We absolutely love their school and would not ever consider public school (if we truly couldn't afford private we'd homeschool).  To us it doesn't even register as a financial sacrifice.  Yes, we know we could buy a bigger house where they all have their own rooms, and yes we'd have more financial freedom, but this is their childhood we are...
We homeschooled for 3 years and then switched to private school.  I am a supporter of everyone's right to make their own decisions for their own child (within reason) but I am also now a big supporter of traditional schooling.  My children love going to school.  They love being around friends every day, they love all the exposure to different types of learning, they like clubs and competitions and science fairs.  My oldest child is very special needs and he gets so much...