or Connect

Posts by Heavenly

My son has been on Risperdal since December 2007.  He was put on it for possible bipolar disoder.  The disorder was confirmed in April 2008.  He s also on Lithium and Seroquel.  He is not spacy at all - the Risperdal helps tremendously with his mania and agression.  It didn't stabilize him completely so we added the Lithium and then had to add the Seroquel for anxiety.  He is on 2.5 mg a day of the Risperdal and has experienced no adverse affects.  He is a skinny little...
I do not think there is a law about same-sex children sharing a room, at least not in Canada anyways.  Really - how are they going to monitor that?  Talk about letting Big Brother into the bedroom!  My older two (boy/girl) shared a room until they were 5 & 7 and I don't see a problem with that.  They are brother and sister!  What do people think is going to happen? I think that rule would apply with foster children, now with biological children.   As for the bunk...
Is there anyone who could watch the younger children while you pick up the older so you have a little bit more time to decide?  That way you could get the exact seat you want when your husband gets home.  Sorry I don't have any better tips - my kids are out of the carseat phase (well, one in a booster) so I don't know the latest info on the seats.  
He is 18 months old, honestly I think you are borrowing trouble.  I know it's scary when you only have little children because you don't know what is normal or not.  So let me reassure you - totally normal.  My older daughter went through a phase from about 15 months to 2.5 years where she refused to play outside.  She was terrified of bugs and if anything went near her she would freak out so she just started refusing to play outside.  My younger daughter really didn't...
I don't think that choosing natural parenting methods means that one must homeschool.  We have practiced AP since the beginning - babywearing, non-vaxxing, extended bfing, etc, etc, but after a couple of years of homeschooling I decided it was not for us.  It was a difficult decision but we've found a private school we feel comfortable with and the kids are thriving.  My son has multiple diagnoses and multiple learning disabilities and there is no way I could offer him...
I forgot to add that our son recently completed a psycho-educational assessment as well, which was very helpful and gave us even more insight into his issues (he has received the added diagnosis of ADHD:I and multiple learning disabilities on top of all his prior diagnoses).  An assessment like that can also be very useful, but we had to wait until he was stable to be able to accurately assess his learning capabilities.   One other note - 100% stability with a child...
My son has bipolar disorder (and other issues) and he was diagnosed when he was 7 years old.  The first thing I want to say is that if you are planning to have him assessed make sure it is an incredibly extensive evaluation.  I hear of so many children on bipolar email lists and the like who went to a psychiatrist once for 2 hrs, with the parent talking for most of the meeting, and then getting diagnosed with bipolar disorder.  Bipolar disorder is a very difficult...
My son dropped a heavy jar of jam on my foot this morning and broke my toe!  I can't believe how badly it hurts!  I don't want to be a wuss but I'm renting some crutches because I can't put any weight on my toes which makes it very hard to walk.  It is my middle toe that is broken and the one to the right of it is sprained.  My son feels really badly but I told him it was just an accident. I think I scared the kids with how loudly I screamed!  I actually almost threw up...
My pug is going to be boarded from May 7-9 so I took him Wednesday April 20 to get the kennel cough vaccine.  They did the one that they spray into his nose.  The last 3 days he has his this horrible choking cough and now I am scared that the vaccine actually gave him a case of kennel cough.  Is this possible?  If it is kennel cough there is no other place he could have gotten it because he hasn't been around any other dogs.  If he did have it we won't be able to board...
I don't feel comfortable putting all the info out because it's about my sister not me, but the basics are that a vindictive women from her church has called CAS (Canadian version of CPS) on my sister.  There are a variety of supposed issues, none of which are true.  The question I have is - what is she legally obligated to allow them to do.  She didn't let them in when they came to the house today but they said they will be back May 12 to inspect the house and they want...