or Connect

Posts by christyc

Quote: Originally Posted by Gena 22 Oh momma, dealing with these issues still makes me mad! I had OBs who claimed to be more progressive than yours, and I still didn't trust them. Ended up switching at 30 weeks to a homebirth MW, which was wonderful and the only reason I ended up with a vaginal birth. BBBUUUUTTT, if I had shopped around and gone with YogaFeet's fantabulous OB, I could have had a natural hospital twin birth. I just got so turned...
Hi! I know my son is at the age where he is interested in social networking, and he is also very much developing an interest in social activism and spiritual seeking (we are a theologically progressive family with an interfaith focus on our spiritual activities). Any suggestions for good web sites or organizations he can connect with online? Thanks. :-)
Hang in there! The last few weeks are the worst, but here's the only things I can offer as encouragement: First, When I gave birth, I felt better. INSTANTLY better. Like, even after over an hour of pushing for baby A, 2 hours between babies, and over an hour of pushing for baby B, I felt BETTER. Immediately. There IS a light at the end of this tunnel, and you aren't far from it!! Second, like a previous poster said, people are often amazed when they hear my GA...
I would be amazed if there were any. Honestly. And this, from someone who DID have a twin homebirth. What comforted me instead, in the absence of twin homebirth research, was to constantly read up on homebirth safety and outcomes, and also to read about twin vaginal birth as much as possible. This helped me to put the pieces together as best I could for myself, and determine where my comfort level was in terms of what situations left me feeling good about having my...
Congratulations! And thank you for all the wonderful details in your birth story-- I felt like I was right there with you, and my eyes filled with tears as memories of my own twin homebirth flooded back.
I had a twin HBAC. It really wasn't that big of a deal, and your doctor is right-- it's no more risky than singleton. I don't have the link off hand, but Dr. Landon at OSU has done a good bit of research on this. Best of everything! Twins are a very special blessing!
Congratulations on the birth of your little ones! Looks like you've gotten some great advice already-- just wanted to offer support!
Quote: Originally Posted by Nanasi P.S. The babies were 7lbs12oz and 7lbs10oz. The nursing staff was amazed not only that they were born at 40 weeks, but that they were so big and healthy. Several nurses told me that they'd never cared for such big twins. I was such a proud mama! Congratulations!!
Quote: Originally Posted by kjoy2 I hope you are able to process and grieve what you need of the birth situation in good time. Be gentle on yourself; you were a strong advocate for yourself and your babes. Hindsight is always 20/20. Definitely. Give yourself space to grieve any parts of the birth that you felt were forced upon you, even as you celebrate the new babies and their precious lives! Congrats on your babies!
That is a difficult update, but a positive one. Three healthy babies is always a wonderful thing, though!