or Connect

Posts by christyc

Thanks! I read both Having Twins by Elizabeth Noble (which has a lot of great birth info, and is open to the idea of natural childbirth more than any other twins book I read), and When You're Expecting Twins, Triplets or Quads by Dr. Luke (which is not as natural, but has a lot of great nutritional recommendations). Both have some stuff in them that I'm not 100% down with, but that's the beauty in reading books-- you can incorporate the parts that make sense to you, and...
Congrats on your twins and your upcoming VBAC! I had an HBAC with my twins back in May of 2007. You are BLESSED to live somewhere that you have midwives who can/will attend you as a VBAC in a freestanding birth center. I did not have that, and had to make the decision to travel out of state at 36 weeks to rent a home for my VBAC, which made my decision to VBAC a lot more difficult and complicated than it should have been. Here is a blog post about how I came to the...
For us, DH helped with bed time. He would hold and walk one while I nursed the other to sleep (which usually took 20-40 minutes, depending on how sleepy they were, and we always did the sleepiest one first). Then, he'd bring me the awake one and I'd nurse to sleep while going to sleep myself. We did a similar routine IF they both woke up at the same time during the night (which wasn't as often as you'd think). Usually, I'd just sleep between the babies. If the one on...
Congrats on the pregnancy, and I hope all goes very well for you! Let us know how things go tomorrow-- we are all here for you.
an ultrasound In retrospect, I also had EXTREME nausea and was a little bigger than I expected, but didn't really POP out all huge until around 18 weeks-- after the ultrasound.
Quote: Originally Posted by jujyfruitbaby And I notice that even my SAHM married friends with 4 tend to be a little...vague, you know. Kids dart into the street, a lot of the dialogue's autopilot while she's tending to two others, etc. There's a reason those non-battleaxe Catholic moms look that way. This is genuinely offensive and judgmental.
Quote: Originally Posted by ApplePieBaby I am definitely in the minority here on MDC but I really didn't care how the babies got here. I just wanted them alive, it didn't matter to me if I had to pull them out my nose LOL But aren't you aware of the RISKS of pulling babies out of your nose!?!?!?!?! : (Sorry, I kid! It just needed to be said! : )
Wow! I can tell you we went through similar feelings of shock and anxiety when we found out about our twins. Nothing but love for you from this mama... Take care of yourself.
For me, it was all about two things. First, research the hell out of every option, learn as much as you can about natural childbirth, twin pregnancy, twin birth. Do everything you can to ensure a good outcome (like protein, water, plenty of rest, etc). In my own twin pregnancy and birth, I worked hard at every single thing I knew was in my control to make sure it was in place like it should be. Second, realize that may not always be enough, and be prepared to forgive...
Nummies had good ideas-- also knowing in advance how you want to approach breastfeeding if you have NICU time might be helpful. I had a friend who had multips at our hospital back home a while back, and encountering resistance from a head of the NICU who had "never seen" a preemie grow on breastmilk alone and was pushing formula even without any clear indications it was needed was her biggest challenge and source of frustration. Many, many hugs and thoughts of strength...