or Connect

Posts by christyc

About 16-17 weeks for me, during which time I lost 17 pounds before I ever started gaining. Then, I had another little spell (but nowhere near as severe) during the final few weeks of my pregnancy.
Quote: Originally Posted by OGirlieMama I don't know if it's just a lack of clarity in the writing or what. But it does sound like the OP is suggesting that preterm labor and birth in multiples may be caused by medical mismanagement and that if we were all just left alone, we'd go full term. Maybe it is lack of clarity, but what I got from it was not that we'd all go term if left alone, but that the averages for how long twin pregnancies...
I don't know the local birth community here very well, but just wanted to say hello, and congrats on your twins! We're also in the triangle area.
Quote: Originally Posted by Spring Lily So you're only looking for answers of women who went into labor on their own? I have to speak up here, because this statement/thread really seems to me like it's invalidating certain birthing situations. You're talking about 3 scenarios: induction, natural labor, or elective c-sections. You do realize that some c-sections are actually GOOD decisions and just as valid as allowing yourself to go into natural...
What a delightful surprise to have someone so respectful and supportive of your plans!
See, I just don't agree AT ALL that the "do they run in your family" is always about fertility treatments. I just think people are curious whether or not twins were on your radar before having your own. When people ask me if they run in the family, I *love* that question, because I loved getting wide eyed and saying "Now they do, I guess!" For me, finding out it was twins was such a HUGE shocker, and a very funny day in retrospect (being in a daze all day, forgetting my...
Congratulations! They are adorable!
WHERE DID YOU BIRTH: At a temporary rental home in another state (neither twins nor VBAC were legal in my state) HOW FAR ALONG WERE YOU: 38 weeks, 2 days WERE YOU INDUCED:No. ELECTIVE C-SECTION: No. REASON FOR INDUCTION/C-SECTION: None, but I was DESPERATE to get them out and would have been begging for something elective had I been with an OB. Would have had a repeat cesarean if there had been any indication at all that something wasn't right about the pregnancy or...
Quote: Originally Posted by rhiandmoi If the standard of care for breech B is ECS, and he does not follow that standard of care, he has practically no legs to stand on if there is a bad outcome. But if ECS for baby B is the "standard of care," then the standard of care is not supported by mounds of research suggesting that baby B can safely be born breech as long as A was vertex. I tend to be more trusting of my providers when their practices...
Quote: Originally Posted by August09baby Hi Labortrials...No babies for me yet. I am 39 weeks today. My nst's have all looked good so my doctor says they should stay where they are for now. I will admit at this point I am trying everything to get labor going...but they are just not ready yet. Oh well...at this point I figure it will happen when it happens. How is everyone else doing?! That's an awesome update! You're almost there!