or Connect

Posts by christyc

One of each, from what I can tell.
We use a big mix of pocket diapers that we got when they were about 6 months old from several INCREDIBLY generous and wonderful friends who knew we were in a rough spot and their own twins had potty trained. It was a huge blessing! I'd say check out diaper swappers for some good deals on well-cared for used diapers. Let us know how the new setup with the doubler and cover works.
My kids were 5, 6, and 10 when we had our twins. I just told them I was planning a home birth, and talked about what that was like. They all know I had a planned homebirth turned transport and cesarean with my third, so we mentioned that if it starts to seem like the babies need to be in a hospital, we'll go there to have them. It wasn't that much different from what we would have done if I had planned a singleton homebirth.
It was SOOOOOO hard those last few weeks! I had terribly uncomfortable physical symptoms by that point, added to the fact that from 36 weeks on I was living in a state away from my husband alone with our three kids, only seeing him on weekends. I was emotionally tapped out, stressed out, and overwhelmed. I didn't think I could do it any more. But you just kind of take it one day at a time, you know? Like, I can survive one more day of this. I may not feel like I...
Quote: Originally Posted by tireesix Sounds like the start of SPD. : I think quite a few of us (myself included) experienced SPD with our twin pregnancies. Best info I've found on SPD: http://www.plus-size-pregnancy.org/pubicpain.htm
Quote: Originally Posted by Julia'sMom I wish I wasn't so tired from the struggle to conceive and the fighting to stay pregnant to have more inspiration for the birth.
Welcome! I had a twin VBAC but had to travel to another state for it. Midwives in my state can't legally attend twin homebirths, or VBAC homebirths. I also kept hearing of providers who would let me "try" for a VBAC if X, Y, and Z, and I knew in a lot of cases that X, Y, or Z wouldn't make a difference from my research. Google or medscape the terms "Landon," "OSU," "twin," and "vbac" together. Landon did more than one study on VBAC and multiple pregnancies, and found...
I am so sorry for your loss!
My personal requirements were minimum 36 weeks gestation, a midwife with a lot of twin experience, a midwife with a lot of breech experience, just in case, and babies in separate sacs with their own placentas. I know plenty of people who have done it differently with positive outcomes, but those were the big ones for me. Those, and being close to a hospital in case of transport. My midwife also had prescribing privileges, which was a big deal for me, since I had a pph...
That is wonderful news!! Congratulations!