or Connect

Posts by christyc

Quote: Originally Posted by Intertwined I think it's more common to concieve twins again once you already have, especially if they were DZ twins. I know I've since had a double ovulation again since I had my twins. I'm so sorry. Praying for a miracle growth spurt for your sweet babes. : I'm sorry! We do have several moms on here who have conceived a second set of twins.
Quote: Originally Posted by Red Pajama It isn't nice to say, but there's a picture of me before the twins were born. I was dressed in black and white and I look like an orca. I'm sure it wasn't funny at the time, but your wording made me crack up! I was huge. Really, really big and uncomfortable. I couldn't roll over in bed without getting up out of the bed and getting back in facing the other way. In fact, for the last 3 weeks I...
I had a cleaning service once every other week (which was all we could afford). I also had a stepmom and grandma who lived nearby who would come over a few mornings a week to watch babies for me to get a shower and try to be a human. Things I wish I had had: MEALS. A deep freezer full of them. The cleaning service biweekly. I would be clear with people that recovery from twin birth is different than recovery from singleton birth (even if you're exaggerating...
Quote: Originally Posted by CarrieCo I mean, I would think it would be absolutely neccessary to have them on a schedule as far as feeding and sleeping just for my own sanity. Ummmm... Not really. We never really put my twins on a schedule, although we definitely looked for patterns in their own schedule to try to work to our advantage. We did little things to become more efficient. Like, if one twin woke up to nurse during the night, I'd...
Some of the greatest support my doula for my twin birth gave me was before the birth. Just hearing someone encourage me-- a positive voice amidst the wilderness of naysayers-- was empowering, encouraging, and kept me focused. My twins were just over 2 hours apart (a homebirth). The first 30 or so minutes of that was a break, and the rest was because baby B was OP. I had expected the second baby to pop right out, and was surprised at how much effort it took for her. Be...
Quote: Originally Posted by DiannaK I wouldn't sweat it. I'd try to get the most bang for your buck ... make sure that what you can put in your mouth is packed with protein, and plan on eating small frequent meals around the clock. Seriously, if I didn't eat about every 90 minutes or so, I felt weak/tired/run down/irritable. Yep, I started my twin pregnancy at around 167, and got all the way down to 150 (at 17 weeks) before I started gaining...
Being less likely to be forced into an unnecessary cesarean.
- That they lay on the bed and tickle each other while squealing, "tickle me! tickle me!" - That they fuss at me for fussing at the other (Like when H says, "No, Mom! Don't SAY dat t' Bishi!") - That they comfort each other when hurt ("Ana, you okay? Ees okay, Ana!") - That they're funny when they fight with each other (except when it turns into hitting, biting, or eye-gouging). - That they remind me how running in circles through the livingroom while giggling insanely...
I think we're going to end up in this boat soon. My 7 yo ds, like his two older siblings, has been ID'd as gifted by the school system. Incredibly bright, learns quickly, advance in both reading and math, sometimes WAY more sharp than I like (as in, he can quickly and accurately call me out on any inconsistencies in my own behavior or parenting). And we're planning to have him evaluated for possible ADHD over the summer. It is definitely challenging, to say the least.
What a wonderful update! It sounds like you did exactly the right thing for your situation and had a great outcome! Congrats on your little one's arrival!