or Connect

Posts by christyc

Yes! Disney parks have wonderful childcare centers with nursing rooms (which even though I NIP'd when we lived near Disney, I liked because it was air-conditioned and comfortable), changing areas, mini-shops if you forgot something baby-related, a playroom for older kids if they need somewhere to hang while you nurse the baby, high chairs, etc. It was very nice, and with a stroller and a baby carrier, it could be a great day. You won't be riding any thrill rides with...
Do they share a sac? Placenta? That's the main thing I looked for once we found out we were having twins. For us, the answer was no, neither. But had it been yes to either, my whole story would be very much different, because there would have been a thousand other questions that would suddenly be made very important as well. Hope it all goes well, and congrats on your little twinnies!
This was one of the hardest decisions for me to make in my twin pregnancy once we had decided on a homebirth. I knew if I went into labor early, I'd have to go in and say I had been doing unassisted prenatal and was planning an unassisted birth (neither of which is true, as I had excellent prenatal care from a hospital and home trained provider). I also knew that if I saw an OB, I'd have to lie that I was planning a hospital birth, and play along with a lot of...
Quote: Originally Posted by Novella Not cold, good to have this perspective offered, but I must disagree. Birthing choices (and unchosen outcomes) can have a significant impact on parenting. . . . attachment/bonding, parenting choices made by a mother who may feel she has to "make up" for something that happened at the birth, etc. (And I think these feelings are often not something we are completely aware of). : Without writing a...
I don't see it as antagonism-- it seems odd to me also that you seem to want us to confirm for you whether or not it is twins, when the primary reliable way to tell is ultrasound. Nobody seems all that "worked up," just giving you the facts you seemed to ask for. Hope your pregnancy and birth go well!
Will you be working outside of the home? If not, the bottles and milk storage bags may not even be needed. I bought them with my twins (when I was pregnant) and NEVER got a chance to use them. You'll survive! (Like someone else said), just take it one day at a time. For me, breastfeeding two wasn't that much more difficult than breastfeeding one. Some people may have a different experience, but that doesn't mean you'll have a hard time so just take it as it...
That is definitely an adventure! Regarding your partner, it sounds like she is working through a little of her own trauma from the night. A few months ago, I attended my first shoulder dystocia as a doula, and I can assure you that it is a unique experience for a bystander/supporter. I definitely needed some space to process it all, although I was nothing but positive with the mama. Maybe she needs someone with whom to talk this all through, but it might not need to be...
Sorry, Dianna! By "woo-woo" I meant a little more hardcore new-agey than I am, personally. Like imagine someone waving hands magically in the air while mystically "woo" ing. I still loved reading it, and found the "woo-woo" parts to be very interesting, but not sure if I bought everything she presented in the book as 100% truth. The birth facts, nutrition, and practical stuff-- loved it!!
Barbara Luke's book is great on nutrition and exercise! For more parenting and other stuff, Having Twins and More by Elizabeth Noble is my favorite. There is some extremely woo-woo stuff in there that I'm not quite down with, but overall it has the best info I've found about things like diapering, cosleeping, etc.
What a wonderful update!