or Connect

Posts by mamallama

In January I started leaving my son at the Y childcare. He was 25mos. The first time he was eager to play with the kids, but once he realized I wasn't there, he cried until they came and got me from my class. The second time he cried as soon as we entered the room. I stayed, got him started coloring, and talked to the worker about how I sah and childcare is new for him. I told her that I want it to be a good experience for him, and that I trust her judgment in...
I had a pleasurable birth. It was hard work, but I like working hard. I didn't do hypnoanything. I prepared prenatally by systematically relaxing myself to sleep at night and at naptime (I had a 2yo at the time.) No special technique--just noticing tension in mind and body and letting it go. I expected something similar for my 3rd. It wasn't the same. His labor wasn't painful, but my focus was different (due to a couple of specific things that were unavoidable.) ...
The update: I got really angry about how I have limited my life because of this guy. I wanted to keep my maiden name, but I changed it in hopes of making it harder for him to find me. I never used myspace. I didn't participate on facebook for years--I don't have a personal sense of loss over that (not a fan of social networking,) but I could have used it to promote my business and I didn't. While it hasn't always been in the front of my mind, I have lived looking over...
I would totally not bother, considering the additional info you gave. I think your plan sounds great!
Quote: Originally Posted by KristyDi I have gotten to the point that I put things on the convener belt in the way I want them bagged. Before I put anything on I set my reusable bags on the belt. First I do hard stuff, cans, boxes etc. then cold stuff goes together with the meat at the back, then produce, then big stuff like dog food or toilet paper. Last is really fragile stuff like eggs and bread because I figure if I put them on last the they won't...
I'm sorry. Sometimes the only way past it, is through it. Let the good work you've done in the past and the good work you will do in the future lift you up. Everyone makes mistakes. Commit to learn from this one, and carry on. They will come around.
Good luck on the house! No freakin' way would I take on my brother (or yours!) for a $3K loan--or any amount, really! Sounds like your mom is so desperate to unload her son that she's out of her mind....
I think it's really sad that she's a pediatrician and she chooses to alienate you and berate you. Where's the compassion?? She ought to have better job skills than that. It would be one thing if she met you where you are, expressed concern, heard your point of view, and then offered evidence supporting her point of view. Maybe you still wouldn't agree, but it would be entirely different from her screaming at you and accusing you. I'm the queen bee in my family...
My first birth was so horrifically painful. My baby was anterior, but she had her arm over her head. The epidural was my favorite part of her birth. My second was born at home with a midwife. I had a lot of fear going in--esp since pain relief wasn't an option at home. It turned out fine. I laughed through transition. Crowning was really surprising because that was the first time the intensity of labor registered as pain. My third was even easier. I never felt...
Quote: I think the WORST PART is that I am coming to realize my mom wasn't the mom I always thought she was. I always thought she was so perfect and wonderful. But it's more about "oh, I realize she's just human like everyone else." I feel betrayed. This situation is the most black and white of all of them but I still am realizing more and more that my mother isn't who she always told me she is. I can really relate to this. As the years go by, I get...