or Connect

Posts by mamallama

I need a recommendation for a friend. Did you use an herbal sitz bath postpartum? Did you love it? I bought several herb baths from a small company the last time there was a baby boom with our family and friends, but now the line has been discontinued & I'm not sure where to turn. TIA! (post links too, if it's handy!)
Sometimes I'm great at staying in the moment...other times I'm totally not. What I have noticed is that success brings more success. When I notice that I'm in the moment, I'll notice it again and again and again. Giving myself time to specifically zone out and remember the past helps me stay in the present. Giving myself time to plan/anticipate/worry about the future also helps me stay in the present. Those things, recalling the past and looking to the future...
I know that's what they say--that the fast labors are so intense--and I've seen it with doula clients, quick labors are usually crazy intense--but mine weren't too bad. My first was a 6 hr hospital induction. PROM. Pitocin drip. Started at 2-3cm. Complete after 4hrs, waited for ob for half an hour, pushed for an hour. It was intense and the pain was unholy, but I blame the pitocin. My second (homebirth) was a 4hr labor. It wasn't painful, but it was intense. I...
Capstar is a good, safe alternative for sudden infestation, but it doesn't last nearly as long. It's a pill, so irritation skin isn't a factor. Cost can be a drawback, short usefulness is a drawback. Safety is excellent, though. I live in a flea dense area (urban deer) so I'm a big fan of knock-em-dead monthly applications. I have had problems with Advantage, but Frontline has never caused skin irritation on my dogs.
I uc'd my third. Firstborn was hospital birth, induction due to prom. It was short and relatively easy, as far as induction goes, but the whole hospital ticket (and the resulting breastfeeding issues) was just not what I'd wanted. Had a CNM attended homebirth with my second. Had a pph, significant enough that I passed out & required fluids, pit, and methergine. It was days before I could get out of bed, and weeks before I could stay up all day. I felt like the...
I'm so sorry It sounds like you think it might be time. Dogs don't fear death.
Quote: Originally Posted by BaaBaa ouch! wow! there is really no faster way to upset someone/hurt their feelings than to bad mouth their beloved dog! my dog is as natural as any other breed thank you very much! she digs, eats dog food, sleeps in bed with us, licks our hands, chases chickens, and has a 100% clean bill of health. thats more than can be said for many goldens, labs, collies, jacks, jillls and yes, even your good old hienz 57....
If it were my mom, I wouldn't say anything. I think your FIL needs to reassess his priorities. Sure, cigarette butts are gross, but in this situation, the inconvenience of picking up a couple off the ground after a family party is really not worth embarrassing a guest. I did give my dad an empty beer bottle when he was throwing butts on the driveway where the kids were riding big wheels...but it was in the moment and it was directly where my toddlers were playing; it...
Quote: I like to give birth in the bed that the baby was conceived in. That has a lot of sentimental meaning to me. Our midwife mentioned this several times wrt our attended homebirth. Dh and I stifled giggles every time. That baby was conceived during a holiday visit to the ILs.... I planned an outside birth for my uc, and it was going along swimmingly (ha-in the fishy pool on my patio) until a freak thunderstorm rolled in. I thought I'd...
Tell me if I have this right--you have a 5mo who doesn't sleep, and an adolescent pit-bull/dal. It's so freakin' cold right now that long walks are out of the question. Even if your dh has the fortitude to walk the dog in this weather, the (short-coated, relatively thin) dog couldn't handle the kind of exercise that would actually help. Taking the baby out in a wrap or sling is out of the question. Of course you're going crazy!! This phase of your life is tough,...