or Connect

Posts by mamallama

I'm so sorry.
Congratulations!!
Yikes! Let go of the guilt! It sounds like a terrible situation. I think it's totally reasonable to say "this situation isn't working for me." It's never too late to set boundaries as far as days and times you're available. It's also never too late to raise your rate. If the situation is unsalvagable (and it sounds like it is,) two weeks is a reasonable severence period. Check out the daycare providers tribe if you'd like some ideas (& support) for making home...
If lots of people will be buying you gifts (first baby, extended family situation,) go ahead and register for the big ticket things you'll need in 6mos-1year. Like a high chair. Get one you like. Not only will this baby use it, but if you're having more children, they'll use it, and if you're like me, future neices, nephews and all your friend's children will use it too. I have an ugly white plastic high chair that I thrifted about 7 years ago. I didn't like it...
Quote: Originally Posted by AngieB Wouldn't you say that sometimes it's OK? For example my Dd (2yrs) Doesn't want to hold my hand when we walk through a parking lot or along the road, and she runs out ahead of me. So I tell her that she must hold my hand or be carried because the cars can't see her and she could get hit by the car and be hurt or killed (sometimes I say squished). How else would you stress the importants of staying with me in a parking...
That's hard. I've been in that position. I say leave him at home. Travel is harder for an elderly dog--even one who has travelled well in his youth. It's not so much the time on the road as it is being in an unfamiliar place. My trusted vet was a *huge* comfort to me when my old guy was in his twilight years. I've taken my fosters to other vets (b/c I wasn't footing the bill & it wasn't my choice) and wow, the uh...diversity of vet care is stunning. ...
My dog and I were attacked twice. He was a greyhound (a v. tall one, but with a super slender build,) so not exactly a small dog, but he had *zero* inclination to fight back. In fact, both times he panicked and it was something like holidng a whirlwind on a 6ft lead. The first time the attacker was a pit bull. The dog had been following us, and he seemed friendly. He greeted me and licked my hand and the dogs sniffed and everything was fine. We kept walking. I don't...
My (now) elderly dog used to sleep with me every night--until dh moved in and she refused to concede dominance to him. I kicked her out of the bed then and the problem went away. She never got back in the habit of bed sharing. Koda sometimes gets in bed with me after dh leaves for work, but with a new baby on the way, I'm trying to break him of the habit. He always jumps down when I say "off," but we have a big bed & I don't always realize he's in it. Muddy paws...
Quote: Originally Posted by thekimballs For what it's worth, with a baby as small as you have I'm not sure I'd recommend any of the breeds you've got listed, unless you have a secret five-mile-a-day jogging habit that you don't mention. I totally agree. I love big dogs, and I have a lab/shep mix who is awesome with babies & kids...but he's just now chilling out at 3 years old (and I do have a jogging habit.) Good dogs require a ton of work.
I'm not having a routine u/s.