or Connect

Posts by arelyn

MMM: I have to say, your BC midwives sound awsome!! And I really admire how well you seem to have handled all that. I would be in too much of a state to type about it! You are going to do wonderfully!!
Quote: Originally Posted by Holiztic MMM--what a great mindset to enter labor, if I'd been able to do that I might have avoided the PP Stress/Anxiety. You're doing great and Squeak is lucky to have you!!! MMM: I was thinking something along those lines but Liz said it so much better! Maybe you should put DP on phone duty when she's home. Phone calls really stressed me out too (and Kai came early so I can't even imgine how annoyed you are by...
MMM: Babywatching and praying things will go well for you!! The Bed: Kai has fallen off the bed a few of times. As soon as he became mobile we started playing on teh ed. When he would go for the edge I'd turn him aorund and help him slide off the bed and tell him "Go feet first!" After a while I'd just have to say "Go feet first!" and he'd turn himself. Now he's a pro at safely dismounting the bed. Solids: You know, I think breastmilk is still Kai's main food. ...
Quote: Originally Posted by PiePie she is happy and that makes him happy -- he is a simple man. he is completely smitten that she identifies her body parts. . HA!!! I totaly missed this!! Not only should we get our silly moms together, and our ridiclously strong children together, now we need to get our simple, body part identifying hubies together. Oh, and Kai just realized he can use his ability to climb on things other than...
Just popping in on baby watch. MMM: I'm sorry the ILs are being so insensitive! (can I call them ILs, they're acting like ILs...I call my parents the ILs when they insist on acting stupid). I hope they'll fall in love with the litle guy when he comes and this doesn't become a pattern. You don't need this, especially now. Don't worry, I was a wreck too. s Quote: Originally Posted by snozzberry Signing: Abby's doing "more" at mealtimes, which is...
Holy violation of the NYS daycare regulations batman!! DS freaking out. I'll point out the specific part later. nutrition section m It specifies "child" not infant as the breastfed party. When discussing formula they specify infant. And I was sure there was another part that's pro-breastfeeding but I don't see it. Maybe I'm thinking the NAEYC regs.
NAK for the first time in ages! TJ: Congrats!! Best of luck planning the wedding. I hope it doesn't involve family drama like my bet friemd's did (not to scare you). Try to have fun with it!! I love'd planning ours once my mom gave up trying to plan for me. PP:Gosh it sounds like you've been having a rough time! s
I LOVE cosleeping! : It is the best!! I can't imagine how people can sleep without their baby next to them. I don't know how I'll sleep once Kai is ready for his own bed. DH usually likes cosleeping but he LOVES babywearing. Kai doesn't really like to be worn by me unless we're going somewhere really interesting and I don't like wearing him too much as it's hard on my back. Riding in the sling has become a special papa-baby thing and they love it and I'm happy...
Quote: was there an age at which your dc stopped trying to destroy books? Kai became very good with books just a month ago (so 13 mo) but he still can do a lot of damage to paper when he get's excited or tries to carry the book to me by a page. The Very Hungry Caterpillar isn't looking so good these days. On a good note though I got it used from the library so it's a good first real book...it's sturdier than most and if he completely destroys it...
I love the pictures! Quinn looks like such a big kid. I haven't seen a picture of him in a while and it was just shocking! Kai actually fit into the duckie outfit he wore at his first Halloween but we didn't charge the camera. He "helped" me pass out cider and cookies at our Co-Op during our town's "Fright Night" so I know a lot of people snapped his picture. I'll have to hunt them down.