or Connect

Posts by hlivengo

Our tenth child was born June 19th, 2006. Our 9th baby( almost 2 1/2 now!) was born via c-section, due to her spina bifida and other birth defects. My VBAC success story I am so thankful!My due date was 6/29, but my son decided to make an early appearance. Father's Day last week, I spent cleaning my neighbor's house. She hired me, as her mother was finally coming home 7 months after a fatal car accident in which her father died. I cleaned 11 hours! I got home...
I use microfiber towels. A 25-pk of them is $9.99 at BJ's wholesale club.They're in the automotive section.
Let's do this: - your name and age (if you want) Heather, age 36 - # of children just gave birth 6/19 to #10!(my first VBAC-#9 was a section due to spina bifida) - ages of children 16,15,13,11,9,7,5,4,2,1 week - how long have you been cding? pt for about 7 years, ft with newest - what's your stash made up of? prefolds,FB, homemade pockets and homemade AIO's
I am so thankful!My due date was 6/29, but my son decided to make an early appearance. Father's Day last week, I spent cleaning my neighbor's house. She hired me, as her mother was finally coming home 7 months after a fatal car accident in which her father died. I cleaned 11 hours! I got home 11pm and dropped on the couch. About 2:30am, I started having contractions about 9 minutes apart. At 4am, I called my mom to stay with my 9 other kids, until my sister could get...
My reason for a c-section was my daughter(2) has spina bifida. I had 8 prior vaginal deliveries. She was taken at 36 weeks, so that her lesion wouldn't be damaged any further than it already was. I'm actually going to post now about my 1st successful VBAC which occurred on Monday!
I'm due with #10 in 18 days. This will be our first VBAC, as #9 was taken early(36weeks) because of her birth defects, including spina bifida. The first 8 labors were "easy", and from #2, drug-free. My question is this-I am feeling my son way lower than the other pregnancies. It feels as though his head is already in the canal, and the only other time I've felt like that is when I'm ready to push. It almost feels as if I need to have a bm, but almost every time he's...
We have an Andrew, Caleb, Seth, and Timothy.(and a Rebekah, Lydia, Abigail, Joanna, and Priscilla!) We're expecting an Aaron in June. All of our kids have biblical names. I like the fact that their names are not that common,(mostly), and that people associate the Bible with them. (We're Christian.)
Here are my experiences. My water has NEVER broken on its own.Once the drs broke it, that was IT! The baby is usually born within 1-2 hours. #1-6 hours total labor (Induced by pitocin) #2-about 16 hours, but labor stopped overnight. Had pitocin with him, too, but he was born 6 weeks premature. #3-labor was about 6 hours. #4- labor was about 10 hours. #5-labor was about 12 hours. #6-labor was about 8 hours. #7-labor was about 5 hours. #8-labor was about 6...
I have 2 prior experiences in NICU. My first was totally unexpected, nearly 15 years ago, with my second-born. DS was born at 34 weeks, and we were totally unprepared. He was born 6/23/91, and was due mid-August.This was before routine ultrasounds, and we thought he was only 2 weeks early, but turns out he was 6. He came after they gave us pitocin, and wasn't breathing.Other than that, it was a natural birth. They drs said that if I had any drugs, my son would be dead! I...
How long have you been cloth diapering? PT basis for going on 7 years. Why do you cloth diaper? Mainly health reasons, secondly cost, thirdly because my 2yo has spina bifida and possible allergic reactions to disposables. How many children? How old were they when you started and how old are they now? We're waiting for #10 to get here next month. My kids are 16,14,12,11,9,7,5,3,2, and due 6/29/06, but I didn't start cd'ing until #6, years ago. What "systems"...