or Connect

Posts by truelife

Quote: Originally Posted by neveryoumindthere I have PPT too Niccole. This is my 3rd time around. 1st time undiagnosed The 2nd time I didn't show antibodies either for some reason. I see you had a baby in Sept. so it's definitely still within the 'range' for hyperT. Thats how mine starts, hyper, then hypo.. hyperT is WAY worse The brain fog is AWFUL. I used to have racing thoughts constantly but could never really say what it was that I was...
I just got the TgAB back and there are no antibodies. So now I'm sitting here with a goiter and all these symptoms but no answers. Can you have thyroid cancer with no thyroid antibodies? I've looked around online and it doesn't seem that you can. That is my CNP's main concern (thyroid cancer b/c of family history) b/c I have the goiter. I faxed her this article about Postpartum Thyroiditis, and she still wants the scan to rule out cancer and won't start any...
My middle son has SID (Sensory Integration), and we don't vaccinate/drink tap water/etc - so I definitely don't want to risk the metals being passed to DD since we already have some sensory issues going on in the family. I'm going to try to read up on the iodine some more, but I'm wondering if I started to very slowly add it into my diet if it would help. I bookmarked the page.
Quote: Originally Posted by PaulaJoAnne One thing to keep in mind, is that in order for thyroid healing to take palce, the adrenals need healing first. Here is the info on Ioderal. http://www.optimox.com/pics/Iodine/opt_Iodoral.htm We buy ours from www.hacres.com They have the best online deal at $29 for 90 doses. My favorite source on healing adrenals and traditional foods is here. www.cheeseslave.com Paula THANK YOU! Is the Iodoral safe...
Thank you all for the encouragement and the advice. If it weren't for the goiter, and my average BBT being 96.3 degrees I would seriously think I was going crazy. I have read about the Iodine, but could use some clarity. What is the best brand? How often/much do I take? How do I know when I have enough? Page 4 in the following article talks about it - is this what some of you have done? Tennant Institute As far as the list of symptoms goes - I have been...
Tanya - I'm so sorry if I was short with you! My words are somewhat limited these days, and I'm not too good at thinking through what I'm going to say. I'm so sorry you second guessed your reply to me! I'm sorry I'm just getting back to this thread - this is so tough! The more I research and the more answers I try to find the more exhausted and depressed I get. I used to be on top of my game. My house was clean, I took my kids places, I had a thriving business as...
Thanks for the heads up Tanya! I had found the threads, but couldn't make it beyond the second page before getting overwhelmed. Hopefully once I'm on some meds/supps I'll be able to think a little more clearly to really change things up.
I went to our amazing nurse practioner yesterday (1st dr's visit in over 10 years) with a laundry list of symptoms. I was still talking about all my symptoms/med history when she suggested starting me out on low dose Armour before getting my labs in. Well, I jumped up on the exam table and she immediately felt/saw a thyroid goiter. We're waiting on my labs to come in, but she is sure I have Hashimoto's, and that I've had it for many, many years (based on med...
I have an appointment with Dr. Smart Idemudia next Thursday and am hoping to get some feedback. Based on temperatures and many other symptoms, I am sure I have hypothyroidism and possibly adrenal fatigue. Anyone have any experiences with this doctor? Thanks!
Our 5th anniversary was 12/20 w/the traditional gift being wood. I used a woodburning tool (bought at Hobby Lobby for under $10 w/a coupon) and burned "I still choose you." into the picture frame. It was a little tricky but he loved it. You could make a plaque, trace the kids' hands w/a pencil, and then burn it w/the tool. The possibilities are endless, and the gifts are pretty cool.