or Connect

Posts by truelife

Well, we didn't have a baby. The contractions continued through the night and then stopped around 8 a.m. this morning. I had my appointment with my MW this morning and I'm only dilated to a 2 and 50% effaced. She really thinks I'm just too tired for anything to really kick up. So I'm trying to rest, sleep, and have peace that our sweet baby will join us when she is ready.
Congratulations!!!! I can't wait to read your birth story!
They're still coming. A friend came to visit today for a few hours, and I would notice them when she was talking but not when I was so they're definitely not strong yet. The last few have slowly been increasing in intensity, but not by much. I'm thinking we may be having a baby tonight. Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers. I've been awake since 3:30 a.m. with insomnia, took a 1.5 hour long nap, and am still kind of groggy. I don't want to lose energy at...
They're still coming but not getting stronger or closer together. Trying so hard to just rest and not get my hopes too high!
I *could* be in very early labor. I've been having mild contractions for the last 3 hours. Unlike the other 5 times this has started in the last week - they're not going away with a shower or changing positions. I'm 40+1 today - PLEASE send labor vibes my way!!!!
Mine didn't break until I was in the birth tub but I never felt a thing.
I know that senna can produce uterine contractions, but with the prodromal labor/BHs I've been having I'm not too worried about it. I'm horribly constipated and nothing else has worked - walking, a ton of water, prunes, etc. Sorry for TMI but I went on Monday and really thought I was headed for labor, IYKWIM. Anyone know of any risks to the baby by drinking Smooth Move at this point?
:Congrats Mama!!!!!!!!!! What an incredibly fast labor - I'm glad that you're happy with how the birth went & you and baby are bonding! Enjoy your Babymoon!!!!!: *Your birth story is also very encouraging - I've had 5 days of prodromal labor and am starting to get discouraged (Tomorrow is my EDD)
Thank you BrooklynDoula and milkybean - I appreciate your hugs and support! I had a chance to talk to my midwife tonight. She is such an incredible listener, and really helps me put things into perspective. I feel like I'm in a much better place tonight then I was this morning. It is a process and I have to be patient with myself. I'll post when sweet baby bean makes her arrival!
Last night marked my 5th night of prodromal labor. Nights 2-4 had a pattern, got more intense, and then haulted. I'm tired, but am truly not at the point of frustration of "my baby not being here." However, I am getting worked up b/c I'm tired and I'm sure I'm holding myself up. No one IRL knows what I'm going through b/c I'm not the type to share emotions with people - especially DH as I don't want to worry/stress him out. I did this with both of my son's...