or Connect

Posts by truelife

I'm not in recovery for drug/alcohol abuse but have continually struggled with eating disorders since the age of 9. When I became pregnant with DS1 I ended up getting hypermesis, and my in-laws asked if I was intentionally making myself sick. I only gained 19 lbs with my 1st two pregnancies, and literally every person who knew about my eating disorders would ask often what I had been eating. I was treated like such a child and it became infuriating. I was also an...
Quote: Originally Posted by cellarstella I didn't... is there a known connection? There can be and there is a couple theories as to why. One being that with SPD the baby has a harder time getting into the ideal position, and the second theory is because the ligaments cannot support the pelvis properly causing the contractions to be felt in the back. I was just reading about this and wondered how many women *may* have had back labor b/c of...
For those who had SPD during pregnancy did you also have back labor?
I'll be 38 weeks on Thursday! Both of my boys were 10 days late, but for some reason I think this little one will make her appearance on/before her EDD.
Thank you everyone for your cyber hugs and encouragement! My MIL may or may not come - you can never depend on her to be where she says she will. She is "hmmming and hawing" and saying things like "well if it is meant to be I will be there, but if not I know you will be just fine." My Mom is single and still has kids at home so she can't just take off to come down here. A postpartum doula isn't an option right now. We're already taking a huge hit with DH not...
We just picked up our rented tub from the last people who birthed. I don't know what or how thoroughly they cleaned out the tub and I don't know what to use. - I was thinking a vinegar/water/TTO solution rinsed well would do the trick. What did you use to clean out the tub? - If the tub is filled more than 48 hours I was told to add 1/4 of a cup of bleach to keep the water from growing any bacteria. Any alternatives?
I need a moment to vent... I have really been struggling with insomnia since 30 weeks. Last night I was exhausted when I went to bed, but woke up at 3:30 a.m. and couldn't go back to sleep. I layed in bed until 6:30, but then got up and went on to totally clean out my closet and thoroughly clean my room. I'm more stressed out then I'm pretty sure I have ever been. I'm nesting in a serious way, I'm worried about the family dynamic changing, and.... DH just...
Do you have access to a deep(er) pool? I had a client who literally tried everything to turn her breech baby, and finally found a suggestion to swim head first (dive w/out jumping?) to the deepest part of the pool. She did and the baby flipped. It was incredibly to hear about.
Quote: Originally Posted by Montse The home birth midwives in Dallas are expensive - over 4K. In Phoenix, they charge a lot less, just over 2K. With paying mortgage in Phoenix, rent in Dallas, preparing for baby, and only one of us, DH, with a full-time job (I'm adjunct faculty at a college), it's cost prohibitive for us right now. Our insurance company barely covers it. The same applies with freestanding birth centers. Unfortunately, I'm not brave...
I'm right there with you with the contractions at night. I'm 36 weeks today and have been having obvious contractions for about a week. I went into labor at night with both of my boys and didn't mind it at all.