or Connect

Posts by pampered_mom

First day of school went well from the kiddos perspective.  He was really excited about going back today and he's looking forward to tomorrow.  I'm still not to keen on the academics part.  When we were homeschooling I always felt like we were behind or weren't covering enough.  I'm getting the distinct impression that we could have done half of what we did and still would have been on the same level as the kids in the public school.  But I was burnt out and I'm...
Revolting - I'm beginning to think I'd like to take a gander at your bookshelf.  Love the poem and the blessing.  This time of year always brings to mind Carin Berger's "Little Yellow Leaf."  How do you make your apple dolls?  I don't envy the school decision.  I hemmed and hawed about ours for quite awhile and I'm still not sure if I made the right decision.  I was going to agree with your thoughts on sending her while you took some time for yourself, but then the...
It's been a looooooong time since I checked MDC - the last thread I was subscribed this way was in October of 2011!  It wasn't really intentional, just got slammed by life so there you are.   revolting - Sending love and light your way - so sorry for your loss.   maia - I had *really* hoped your house would have sold while I was gone.  I hope something moves on that soon.  Oh, and the lice?  I can't say as I envy you there.  The last time we dealt with lice was...
My son is headed off to public school so I've got shelves full of books I no longer need.  Shipping cost varies on books, so pm me with your zip code and I'll send a shipping quote.  Media mail for up to 6lbs is usually ~$4.  I would really prefer to get these in the hands of someone who can use them so feel free to make me an offer.  If you're buying more than one book I'll definitely be interested in making a deal.     Singapore Math, Primary Math - US...
We're going to the local Buddhist Center's Family Dharma class this Sunday.  They only offer it once a month, so while I'm apprehensive about going I'd still really like to go.  I hate doing new things, though, so I thought it might help if I got an idea of what we might expect.   I've read the short description about the gentle rhythm, the snack, and the class being for all ages.  I also read the guidelines for visitors which really only said that you need to take...
I would agree that your tactic sounds like a great idea and it is most certainly what I would do if it were me.  I agree that you have to stop focusing on what you can't have to eat and try to avoid finding the perfect substitute.  Really, I do.   However, we're not talking about me or any other sort of reasonable person.  We're talking about my MIL and I can pretty much guarantee you that I won't get anywhere with her if I say anything even remotely like you have above....
or rather Gluten-, Casein-, Egg-, Almond-, and Corn-Free.   I have always maintained that, like my husband, my MIL has some sort of food sensitivity thing going on given how sick she usually is (year-round) and how long it takes her to clear illness.  She thought we were crazy, but then her new ENT brought it up and had her tested.  The results are above and she's finding it very difficult (and her family is less than supportive).  On the one hand I feel badly for...
I have a pile of leaves the kids and I pressed and then dipped in beeswax.  I thought they'd make a beautiful wreath and tried laying them out just on the counter.  It looks wonderful, but now I need to figure out how to put it together.  I've got enough for a 15" diameter circle.  I was thinking of cutting out a similarly sized wheel of cardboard, but then I'm not sure how to affix them to the cardboard for hanging.  Obviously it needs to be something that can adhere to...
I'm late to the game, but count me in!  I was a bit bummed to have missed it the first time around, but I'm looking forward to it this time.  I'll be buying my binder on Friday.  Until then   
Quote: This sounds like a lot of fun!   I'm definitely writing these down.  I have a cookbook affinity and there are at least a couple of the ones on your list that I would enjoy.  Oh, but FMF...I *love* FMF. I'm sorry to hear that.  I've found that Christians tend to stick their foot in their mouth as they often speak without thinking (and assume that everyone already agrees with them or comes from the same perspective).  I can understand not wanting to be open after...