or Connect

Posts by pampered_mom

We used to - and got some fantastic deals too!  Unfortunately, ever since the recession hit I've found that the second hand stores are rather picked over.  What they do have isn't worth what they want for it.  A lot of it seems really dated and not all that much cheaper than I can buy it new at Farm & Fleet or Target.  Pants are out for ds anyway.  I've never found a pair of pants second hand for ds once he got past three or four.  I'm thinking it's because everyone...
I know the feeling.  Having a surprise third child really threw my budget off course and my six year old ds eats like there's no tomorrow.  Given how slim he is, I don't know where it's all going.  WIth all the car repairs this year plus the clothes for the kids (sometimes I think all my son has to do is look at a pair of pants and they get a hole in them) and the food to keep them running and it seems like it's one thing after another.  Our van repair ended up a couple...
redveg  - Thanks for the welcome!   revolting - I think the wreath idea sounds lovely!  A river and woodland area sounds like a lovely place to live near.  When we moved to our neighborhood I was drawn to all of the old trees.  Our street is probably 5-15 degrees cooler in the summer thanks to all of the shade.  Our house is flanked on both sides by two huge maple trees.  They've always felt to me like they were wise old women and I've been thankful for what always felt...
Aeress - Thank you for your welcome in the last thread.  It is encouraging to know that there are shared similarities.   I've enjoyed reading the other responses so far about being in the broom closet.  For our family, I think regardless of how new or not we are as Pagans, we will likely always need to remain in the broom closet when it comes to our family.  Dh's family is Baptist in the truest, most conservative sense of the word.  My new BIL is so anti-pagan that...
I can empathize, though I only have three.  It too me a long time until I was comfortable leaving the house with my children.  I would say that I only just started being comfortable this year and my youngest is not quite two!  I was overwhelmed at two, #3 was a surprise, and there won't be a #4.  If anyone can do it, I'm certain from what I've read over the years that you can.  Hang in there, I know with time things will get easier for you.  :0)
I just posted in the other thread so I won't double post it here.  Just subscribing so I don't miss the new thread.
Ok, so I know it's October, but I've been reading the thread and thought I'd join in.  We were professional xians in the past (as in that's literally what paid the bills) and surrounded on all sides by xians and fundamentalists in the family.  The last few years have been a journey away from all of that as I struggled with identifying my path.   I was doing some research last year on Christmas/Yule/Solstice since my new BIL has some very non-mainstream xian/fundy...
Thanks. I appreciate all of the ideas here. Today I noticed he was having difficulties with p as well. I've found that if I just point to the left or right when he's struggling a bit it seems to help. He doesn't like me "telling" him very much, but the simple hand motion doesn't bother him.
Ok, we'll just keep on then. I don't think I would have thought anything of it if he confused them while reading *and* writing, but found it a bit odd since it was just while reading. None of the hints I had seen really seemed to apply toward writing exclusively. He's been reading for just shy of a year now, so still quite new.