or Connect

Posts by pampered_mom

The downside to that is that things can get a bit awkward.  For some in the group they probably wouldn't be an issue.  For others they may not want their family or children to interact with yours.  It depends upon how conservative the members might be....I'm assuming if they don't have a doctrinal statement they're probably a bit less conservative.  It can also be a bit tiring that everyone assumes you believe just as they do.  Do you correct them?  Do you try to fly...
We keep our house at 64 during the day and 62 at night.  I'll be honest...it's tough...really tough.  I think this year is worse than previous years.  I have a hard time staying warm - I find it's worse in my fingers and toes which to me feel like ice.  I typically wear multiple layers, but lately it doesn't seem to be helping much.  I've been known to wear at least a couple of pairs of socks and possibly a scarf or hat in the house.  I think one of the keys is your feet...
We've been busy with Advent activities.  We've finished the lowercase letter and number sections in HWOT K.  That leaves just a few capital letters to review and some of the extra pages at the back.  Instead of pushing it with another handwriting book I think we're going to work on creating our own book based upon the letter verses in "LMNOP and All the Letters A to Z."  I've found that when it comes to Explode the Code online, if we go too many days between lessons ds...
I'm intrigued by the Wheel of the Year and of the idea of presenting the Calendar in a circle format.  I like especially that it roots the months within the seasons and gives a sense for more than just a day or number.  I'd like something that's less linear than the traditional calendar.   ...but I'm not Pagan and I'd like to find a way that I can do it within the Liturgical year (though including things like the solstices and equinoxes) and do so in a way that's...
Nah...don't feel bad.  I think that's the nature of message boards!
  First, there's no need to be discouraged.  There's also no need to run out and buy a $250 dollhouse (believe me, your kids might not even play with it...mine didn't play with the gorgeous wooden barn we bought them).  There's a lot that you can do with a limited funds.  Some of it you can make yourself and some of it you might find on a periodic nature hike (once a month, once a quarter, once a year?).  Oh, and don't forget places like CraigsList.  You'd be amazed at...
I guess you'd say that we self-identify Christian.  We really like:   We gather round the table, Where bodies are renewed, Where hearts appease their hunger, For we feast on more than food.   I think I found it in "Seven Times the Sun" by Shea Darian or something like that.
Another vote her from me on this one.  It's respectful and puts the focus back on your Dad - where it should be at this point anyway.  Having been one before (fastidiously certain that I KNEW the one and only truth that is) I don't suppose that would have silenced discussion with me either,
I didn't think about it - too busy planning other Winter Solstice related activities.  A good idea, though.  We've done a lunar salutation on the night of the full moon.  Why not on the Winter Solstice?
I think for me the issue is less that they don't allow parents in and more that it seems from what you've described that their safety policies are incredibly lacking.  My 5 yo takes two classes - one's at the local YMCA and the other is at a local Nature Center.  Both allow parents to stay if they wish and both have very defined drop-off/pick-up and emergency contact type stuff.  I wouldn't be comfortable taking him to a class that didn't have those structures in...