or Connect

Posts by pampered_mom

Quote: In my dreams I get up in the morning and relish in the quiet of the house before everyone gets up.  Then again, my husband works second shift and about the only time we have alone together is when he gets home from work.  Staying up with him until midnight or later (depending on the night) pretty much eliminates the early morning practice.  I've tried at one time or another going to bed early, before he gets home, but then we end up feeling disconnected.   Part of...
I don't know that we specifically taught our children to follow laws per se, but I'm vaguely aware that we probably referenced doing one thing or another (or not as the case may be) because it was required by law.  My son has an obsession with all things police related which often worked its way out through his Lego play.  He's too young to understand fully, but I did try to take a moment here or there to gently explain that not everyone who was arrested as a "bad"...
I can relate a bit to what you're talking about, although I'm very much a relative newbie given that I've only been doing yoga since October.  There was a brief period of time, maybe a couple of months or so where I was able to get to class at least twice a week and I that I profited greatly from the increased frequency.  I had found my groove and although I did not have an equally vibrant home practice I felt like I had found a home (and greater clarity).   Then, of...
Quote: How's this?
Posting in the winter thread seems to bleak...so I'm starting a new one.  New thread for a new season and a new awakening.  Folks of all faiths welcome!  :0)   There was a brief mention on the winter thread about reawakening which I thought would be an appropriate conversation for Spring.  I don't have time now, but anyone else find Spring reawakening things within your practice?
Quote: But even those bits are part of the balance sheet.  I don't 'think most posters here are insisting that these sorts of non-monetary costs/benefits shouldn't be included in the balance sheet, but the primary focus of the thread was on a dollars and cents sort of equation which for some people, especially those of us who did not have a career before having children, is really the primary question at hand.  I'll maintain that there's a difference between a career and...
I found the quote and it's from Karl Rahner who said,"In the future Christians will be mystics, or they will not be anything."   Oh, and an interesting discussion of the quote over here.
Interesting thread!  I'd consider myself along the mystic lines, but I'd say I trend more in the Buddhist vein on the continuum.  I'm working my way slowly through Paul F. Knitter's "Without Buddha I Could Not Be Christian" and am finding much there that resonates with me.  Knitter includes a quote early on (by Tillich maybe?) where he talks about a future in which most Christians will become mystics.  It might be a bit of an over-statement on the author's part.  I'll...
Yes, you are right, there is an alternate spine, but I was less than impressed with it than I was with SOTW.  Oh, and good point about the maps.  It's tough to find resources that trend more secular for these sorts of things. Finding an alternate source of maps is high on my list of things to do before now and Fall.  As for sourcing the books...used has been a real budget saver for me.  The free Amazon Mom Prime membership I get from buying diapers for my youngest has...
During the summer my kids often head out without shoes on at all, but when it comes to leaving the house (or Fall, Winter, Spring) they need some sort of shoe to wear.  Unfortunately, all three of my children need a wide shoe (my oldest needs extra wide) much like their father.  I say unfortunately, because I literally cannot find a wide shoe at any of the "cheap" places.  Payless in particular used to carry wides, but it seems ever since the recession began this is no...