or Connect

Posts by pampered_mom

Quote: That's actually a really good idea...with some really good tips.  Thanks!   Acutally, all of the replies to the thread have been helpful in one way or another...it's helped to clarify things a bit.  I appreciate the different perspectives.
That sounds like a good fit for us!
First, I left neutral feedback, not negative.  A 3 out of 5.  You cannot edit feedback - though I suppose that I could resubmit feedback after deleting the original.   I sent a reply to the seller letting them know that I was uneasy with their email.  The way that it was worded was very much focused on getting me to remove the feedback.  Less a "how can I help you" and more what can I do to get you to remove the feedback.  Again...it's a 3 out of 5.  They've offered...
I came across that one and wondered about it.  Have you used it?
I bought a bunch of used books lately.  Of all the books I ordered, there are a handful of them that didn't meet my expectations for condition.  One of them neglected to mention that there was a lengthy handwritten personal description written in the front of the book.  If I had known that, I probably wouldn't have purchased it.  It feels a bit like I'm reading someone else's mail when I open the book IYKWIM.  I know the book is used, I just expect that the seller will...
I'm using "Hands Around the World:  365 Creative Ways to Build Cultural Awareness and Global Respect" for our K social studies spine.  When I first got the book I thought it'd be rather self-contained, but I'm finding more and more that I need to think ahead a bit and bring in a few outside resources.  I'm looking at farming around the world in the first few weeks of February.  I'm thinking it will dovetail nicely with our science unit on the human body.  Well, that and...
I guess it depends on where you apply.  In most of the cases that I know of where folks have applied for jobs recently they've had to complete hand-written job applications.  There have also been instances where you may send in a resume when applying, but then have to fill out a handwritten job application when you come in for the interview. Quote: It's a matter of aesthetics which I'll admit is entirely subjective.  I'm glad there are multiple fonts and approaches with...
From what I can remember from the history they included in the CBS piece Spencerian came first.  When typewriters came along Palmer developed his method by simplifying the Spencerian script to make handwriting quicker.  When I compare the two fonts I actually think my grandmother's handwriting looks a bit closer to the Spencerian, but the Palmer would fit the timeline better.   Christian Liberty Press says their "Writing with Power" is in the Palmer style, but I wonder...
Oh, I would love this as well.  I would love to have something like that when we get to our second grade history.   I really do appreciate all of the replies and welcome more!  :0)  We've used HWT this year.  Ds was eager to learn so we went through both the Pre-K (b/c of his lack of interest in much drawing before that point I wasn't sure that he'd be ready for the K book) and K.  I've noticed that he has difficulties with the size of the letters in both of the books....
It's a combo of PBA and then some managed care thing.  It's basically an HMO, but without calling itself that.