or Connect

Posts by pampered_mom

And when using bleach for mildew you need to be sure to dilute it quite a bit...it kills them slow enough so that they don't dump all their spores all at once (which is what happens when you use undiluted bleach).  For us the key is always the dehumidifier - running constantly and some fans to move the air around more.  I'd definitely check with your landlord, though and get them to address the underlying issues.
According to their website:     I don't know that it would necessarily be "bad" per se (although the hydrogenated stuff is certainly bad for you to eat).  The reason why coconut oil (extra virgin or virgin usually) is recommended is because the MCFA (medium chain fatty acids) have anti-fungal, anti-bacterial, and anti-viral properties (some of which has been studied in double-blind medical trials).  For that reason, I would say that they are not...
Quote: Not philomom, but I have a feeling she's probably referring to things like the Christmas Tree.  Some think that the passages in the Old Testament talking about the Ahserah pole apply to the practice of bringing in an evergreen tree and decorating it with ornaments.  I personally find this a bit of a stretch.  There's quite a bit of debate among scholars as to what exactly the Ahserah poles were including the issue of whether or not they were actual poles....
  I'm not clear on what place your first point has to do with the thread at hand (nor do I accept your distinction between the "real" or "true" meaning of Christmas vs the "Pagan" part or this idea that "Pagan" and "Religious" are different or somehow the antithesis of each other).  It's going to be difficult to avoid the conflicts that will arise when people hold varying beliefs or cultural norms.  I think it's safe to say that your comments about non-Santa believers...
We don't really celebrate Santa opting instead to talk about the historical St. Nicholas coupled with the practice of giving gifts on St. Nicholas Day and selecting a family service project to honor his memory.  We also take part in other Advent/Christmas traditions which helps a bit, but there is still some conflict along the way when a well meaning adult tries to tell the kids that they need to behave, that Santa is watching, or some other similar theme.  I'm typically...
My creative space has become the household dumping grounds.  As much as I'd love to create a studio with fancy lights and floors and grand ideas I have to be honest enough with myself and put that far off in the future.   Instead...I have $125 to spend on organizing my space.  I'm thinking post-Christmas organization sales will be a boon to my limited budget.  So...what have you done or would you do?  Shelving unit?  Storage boxes?  Bookcases?  Standard storage bins...
I usually get all of my supplies like that from Nasco (www.enasco.com).  They have brand name items plus their own brand which is typically very economical.  :0)  For me their catalog is far more dangerous than Rainbow Resource's.
Yeah...you'd think.  There aren't what seems like 1000 different Protestant denominations for no reason.  :0)  We're definitely on the liberal spectrum of Christianity and I get the same types of responses when it's suggested that we join the two co-ops in town.  One has Christian in the name and the other does not, but they both have doctrinal statements.  When I respond that we would not fit in as we're not comfortable with the doctrinal statements it usually brings...
Quote: I would agree here.  The whole "helicopter parenting" thing is often used as a reason against homeschooling or at the very least for some sort of focus on "independence."  tbh...my first reaction to that is something like...aren't the majority of the young adults/children that you're referring to in the public school?
Oh, I would agree here.  Ours is an "inclusive" group that just happens to be a defacto Christian group given that we're probably the only secular homeschoolers in the lot.  We choose to remain undercover as it were just because we can't be uninvited or un-welcomed.  I suspect depending upon what was said or what I suggested (a secular science group for instanced) we could be avoided by a portion of the families.  All that to say, I guess, that some investigation into...