or Connect

Posts by Wooly

please don't me , but i'm a real meany and if the email doesn't work you could always ( making sure the kids aren't around ) go with sneaking up behind her with an airhorn and giving her just a little taste of what it feels like to be one of your kids when she springs her "surprises" on them. I wonder if she would be a "party pooper" and complain. ( i probably wouldn't really do it...)
Wow , big hugs to you mama , I hope your hubby shapes up! I was a sufferer of HG as mentioned by someone above and was actually in hospital  through the majority of both my pregnancies,  ( it really wasn't in my head ), i also had extremely helpful loved ones tell me i was just pregnant not sick and must be " putting it on" mainly due to the fact that their pregnancies were just peachy thanks. It was rough , really rough. Morning sickness can be awful to live through...
Thank you everyone for your input , it's always helpful to get some perspective. The thing is with my dd , she knows that throwing a fit and saying hurtful things is not ok , she is doing it to provoke a reaction from me because she feels I am not sufficiently meeting her needs. I can see from the way she looks at me she is hurting , coming down heavy handed on her just makes her feel worse ( I mean by showing dissapproval of her behaviours , getting cross myself ,...
Thank you sgmom , i'm sitting here in tears as i write this , all i really needed were the words to use , i remember feeling as intensly as she does , i remember it so well it hurts. Thank you for your last post , when i am exhausted and stretched a million ways at once ( i also have a very spirited two and a half year old boy who needs me ) I just dont seem to be able to get a succinct sentence out of my mouth that leaves her feeling supported. I NEEDED that script ,...
I have spoken to dd with lots of hugs and cuddles involved , i've told her how much i miss her dad being out of the house for so long , i have absolutely acknowledged the fact that it hurts her to be separated from someone she loves so much for such a long time and that i know that when he's home all she wants in the whole world is to be with him. I have told her that i feel the same and if i could wave a magic wand he would be home with us. She is just so angry . and...
Thanks for the suggestions, sometimes just hearing another person on the planet gets it really helps. I've gone back and dragged out all my parenting books , (how to talk , unconditional parenting , playful parenting , connection parenting) and i'm pretty sure she's just missing her dad ( he works long hours ) and is probably a bit bored with me ( i am super lethargic atm , sleep deprived , finding it hard to get up and do). I know she's just showing me what she needs...
My four and a half year old daughter is kind , intelligent , funny and wonderful for the majority of the time but WOW does she have baaaaaddd moods. For the last few days she has just had the worst attitude from the second she wakes up , directed primarily at me. I have tried not to buy into it , I have tried gentle honest explaination ( please don't say that dd it hurts my feelings/ is unkind / insert sentence here ) , i have tried being playful ( which is met with...
Your priority is your family and most of all is your sweet dd. Look at her face next time it happens and decide if what she is witnessing is good enough for her , is that what you want her to accept as normal and act on later? you did the hardest part already , you stopped the spanking yourself because it just felt WRONG. your daughter trusts you , she runs to you for reassurance when the stuff hits the fan with bff and her kids , she runs to you to make it...
Yup i just knitted some with really long cuff that tuck in really well and i knitted thumbs and slits in the palms so if he wants his finger out he can and he is able to pop them back in himself when they get chilly ( i'm hoping this will help the chucks em out the stroller loses at least one per trip crys when his fingers get chilly thereafter problem)... we shall see.