or Connect

Posts by peacechief

I'm working on a project for my sons' kindergarten class - we're making a quilt incorporating drawings that the children have done, with some embroidery on the drawings.  I tried printing the drawings on commercial printable fabric, and it turned out so stiff, it's terrible for stitching on (not to mention not at all cozy)!  So, I found directions for making my own, the hang up being the ink fixative.    I can't find it anywhere around me, so I'm wondering: 1. is...
It's not cigarette smoke.  I'm not sure if it's moth balls?  It's a smell I've smelled before on old fabric that's been stored for a long time.  Strong and unpleasant.  And persistent!   Thanks for the suggestions!  
I found some great vintage fabric at a garage sale recently, and the price was so good I grabbed a huge bagful without paying nearly enough attention to the odor of the fabric...   I finally got around to dealing with it all yesterday and realized what an issue the odor really is.  I've washed it all several times with regular laundry soap, and have also tried washing and rinsing with white vinegar.  Neither of which seems to have made any real difference.   Does...
I did, too.  Now that we're done with diapers, I just put them and our cloth wipes through a rinse by themselves before washing with a regular load of laundry.
Hi - I posted this last night in the "Childhood Years" subforum, but have gotten no replies... Not sure where best to post it, but this might fit.  I don't know if I explain myself very clearly, so please don't hesitate to ask questions.  But basically I'm trying to understand first why he might be acting this way all of a sudden - how to figure that out, and how to deal with it in a firm (not caving in to his disruptiveness) but loving and respectful way that will help...
If there's a better place to post this, feel free to point me there... Otherwise:   I could really use some help, thoughts, experience, etc...  I've got four year old twin boys who sleep in the same room (we don't have any other bedrooms, so separating is not an option, and I don't think it would be any help).  They had been going to bed great for quite a while.  We have a routine we do every single night.  They would sometimes give us a bit of trouble, but it was...
Thanks for the encouragement and ideas.  They really don't have any one-on-one time with either of us.  It's something I've thought about doing in the past but always gets forgotten about before we actually do it.  So I'll give that a try.   As for recharging myself, that's a major issue.  I'm totally spent, have been for a while.  I'm a big introvert and so I need time to myself to recharge and I need time when I can not be interrupted.  That's been a problem all...
I have twin boys who will be 4 in February and lately they have been behaving so badly.  Being really really disrespectful to me.  Doing things they know will make me mad/they know are bad ways to behave and just laughing about it.  And it's things that I can't make them stop doing (like spitting, laughing at me, calling me names.......).  I try to be calm and rational about it, but it gets to a point where they just push it too far and I snap and am rough with them and...
I have 3.5 year old twin boys and it seems like lately all I do is yell. And I am starting to see very clearly that they are learning from me - their first response to problems is to scream at each other or me. One of the hardest things for me is when they don't listen to me, or they are constantly talking at the same time, and fighting and just won't stop to listen to me... It drives me insane and I feel so totally powerless and I start to yell. The (one of the)...
My twins (fraternal) were 4lb 0.3oz and 5lbs 8oz at birth (they came early). Both were in the 90/55th percentile for their gestational age and were just fine (other than some normal complications from being born early) at birth, and still at 3.5. The one who was 4lbs quickly caught up and I think within months, really, started to weigh more than the other, and has been consistently a pound or so more ever since.