or Connect

Posts by peacechief

We've had bedtime troubles, too, and it can be so miserable, so I don't know if you're ready to have them be in toddler beds, or if you have space for two toddler beds, but our experiece was this: when we decided to switch the boys from cribs to toddler beds (just after their third birthday), we made two or three basic rules that they had to follow if they wanted to have their big boy beds (which are race car beds that they were super excited about). One of those...
Thank you!! So nice to have things to try...
Does anyone have ideas for relief from/treatment of sinus pain? I've got chronic trouble with sinus pain and colds turning into sinus infections that just last weeks and weeks. I hate getting to the point where I break down and get antibiotics (which never clear it up all the way anyway) but don't know what else to try. Ideas? Thanks!
We got to see Phish when they came to Blossom in June (30 minutes from our home!), and dh & I escaped for a wonderfully impractical road trip to see them at Alpine Valley this past weekend. It was awesome! The most amazing experience!
Does anyone have experience with bean (bush and pole, so far especially bush) pests? There's something eating my beans and I can't figure out what/what to do about it. I've seen spiders and little flies on them, but don't think they're the problem. I've also seen some sort of insect that looks remotely like a ladybug, but more rectangular than round, and more orange/copper than red, with, I believe, 6 black spots down the back. Here are some pictures, for what they're...
I have 3 year old twin boys and I realized the other day that while we have a "quiet time" each day, either me reading to them or them watching a short video, there really is no sense of quiet, alone time for them. I know they're only 3 and so to expect them to really sit quietly doing something on their own is not very realistic for any length of time. But I realized the other day that my husband and I don't really model that for them, either - while they're up we're...
My boys will be 3 this month, so we're looking into preschool for the Fall, which is making me think about school beyond that as well. We're in the process of signing them up for preschool at a Waldorf school where they could continue through 8th grade if we choose. After initially being really excited about it, I'm having some second thoughts, and have been trying to get some input. A lot of people are saying things like "you've got to find the right fit for the...
DH & I are looking to send our twin boys to a Waldorf preschool in the Fall and have our interview with the Pre/K teachers set up for this coming week. We have a list of questions going, but from those who have kids already attending, what did you ask, what do you wish you would have asked? Both the teachers and the admission office? I want to get as clear a picture of how the school works and what the environment will be like in the classroom, and what version of...
Thanks for the ideas. Maybe I'll have to consider some type of harness... I don't want to, but it might save us a whole lot of stress. In defense of the teacher, I don't know if she even saw, and if she did, what she was thinking. In my embarrassment and feeling out of control and losing my temper with the boys and being more rough than I want, I just felt like she must be thinking badly of me. But I don't really know. Sometimes I just feel like such a bad mother!...
"there are some older waldorf support threads on here which might help explain some of what you are seeing..." Jenne (or anyone else), can you point me to some of these? I will definitely ask more questions - we're still waiting to set up an appointment with the preschool teacher prior to being officially signed up. I guess what I want to hear from her is what pp have been saying, that it's the teacher's job to model a quiet, gentle, purposeful attitude, but...