or Connect

Posts by peacechief

I just got some wool covers & organic cotton diapers, but I'm thinking I need something different than the org cotton for at least one of my boys who is a really heavy wetter. This is the first I'm using fitteds, though, so I could use some guidance - what fabric(s) work best? (And any recommendations for specific fitteds is welcome, too!) Thanks!
: Is that a good choice for heavy wetters? I relanolized the covers and tried pinning the snap-ins on the boys to get a (much) better fit, and have had a few successes! : But I think I might need to get something a little more absorbent at least for one of them.
abomgardner417 - I can't imagine how you do it with your husband gone the whole week. I have a friend who is in that situation and I know it's pretty rough sometimes! I do get one night a week to myself from the time my husband gets home until whenever. I always go out because I just wouldn't be able to relax if I stayed here. I usually take some time to journal and then go eat dinner in the park, and that's really helpful.
I had to write too, I'm so sorry, it is so miserable to be in that place. I actually came across your post randomly while sitting at my computer crying because I just totally went off at one of my sons and feel so frustrated and like a terrible mom - so many of the things that you wrote. And it's not by far the first time. What you wrote about going along for a while being fine and then going through a period of being so frustrated and at odds sounds so similar to me. ...
Thank you so much for the replies - the encouragement and the ideas. Yesterday was a rough day It helps to know there are other moms out there in the same place some times. It's so hard, because I want to do the best I can for the boys and I don't want to mess them up... I wasn't going to be a mom that yelled.... sigh. I have too high expectations of myself and I continually fail to meet them... That and I really need a break right now, and that's not a good...
Unfortunately, it was my husband that found the boys wet, and I was at a point where I just couldn't deal with it, so I don't know for sure if it went out the leg or the wool. I'm going to try re-lanolizing them today in case that was it, and then try again. If it's the fit, I may just need to wait - I got the XL because they were already at the top of the measurements for the L and I can't afford to get Ls and then another set in the near future... I wonder if I...
I just got some Loveybums LIOs and lanolized them yesterday. About a half hour after I put one on my son, he was soaked, not sure if it was through the wool or out the legs (which are a little loose at the moment because I got the larger size where they're at lower end of the measurements still). I don't know if I just lanolized them wrong? I followed the instructions: disolved a packet of lanolin in hot water w/a drop of Johnsons Baby Wash (we didn't have any...
I really just need to rant a bit... I'm so desperate for a break from the constant needing and almost never having any time to myself (and I'm an introvert so in the best of situations I need regular times to be alone and think and not be interrupted...) And now with my boys being 17 months old, I'm just so worn down from almost a year and a half of very little time alone/time to think and the constant interruptions, not being able to have one coherent thought at a time,...
Thanks! Does it have to be Dawn? We have 7th Gen.