or Connect

Posts by Petersmamma

Quote: Originally Posted by Hesperia When I was a vegetarian, I often said; "I'm a vegetarian, that means nothing with eyes". But then you can't eat potatoes! : I have a friend who's a vegetarian who eats fish, because "fish are ugly" WTF??? So are chickens (IMO), but you don't eat those!! Yeah, I do not get the whole fish does not equal meat. Well, it's certainly NOT a vegetable!
I recently HAD a $25 gc for B&N, and I got Veganomicon and Vegan with a Vengeance. I adore Vcon (not as much VwaV, but I imagine I'll get to those recipes sooner or later!)
I haven't tried this soup, but I have heard good things.... Chickpea Noodle Soup This is pretty heavy, but I'll toss it out there anyway. I really like Vcon's Spicy Eggplant and Peanut Soup when I am sick. That luscious eggplant and the spiciness just make me feel all happy and good. But that would be for something like a cold, when I don't feel good but still have an appetite.
Quote: Originally Posted by I-Love-Alaska What a wonderful feeling it is, huh?? I'm right there (here) with you. I've been vegetarian now for almost 2 weeks. Well- I did have some gelatin and whorshershire sauce without knowing there were animal products in them. Soo- I'm offically on day 10 today after starting over after my oversights!! Meat is hidden in soo many things. I hope when I go vegan I can get better at reading labels... The easiest thing to...
I don't really have advice for you. I'm surprised that a shelter won't take you in, since you are pg. I hope you get some good advice.
Quote: Originally Posted by aquarian Facinating... would this work in a place like texas where it is still in the 80's at night? Or does the weather still have to be cooler elsewere. Also, does it matter how large the house is? Or weather it is a double story house? : We have a small house, and I only know someone with a large house who has one. We live in TX, and they use theirs during the warmer spring and fall months, not sure about...
Being a teacher at a boarding school is a good bet. They want the teachers to live there, but you commit to duties that go above and beyond teaching. Plus, these schools are family friendly. You could possibly also do a research type job and live at a research station (this is a long shot, given your degrees), but those places are not usually as family friendly.
Quote: Originally Posted by dsaucone It seems like assesments can be so misleading sometimes. Afterall, a house is only worth as much as someone is willing to pay for it. That is SO true!! Ours went up last year about 10k, and we were kinda pissed b/c we had tried to sell at 10k BELOW market value and had ONE showing in a year. So, it's obviously not worth what they thought it was worth. We appealed the increase but missed our appeal (oops!)...
Quote: Originally Posted by karne Oh yes, it hit me this week with the news. I guess I knew in my mind that food was creeping up, and gas prices are crazy, and many friends we know are having difficulty selling their homes. But I am very, very careful as a sahm, so I normally stretch a dollar. But now I am feeling anxious in a vague, uncomfortable way. Like worse is coming, but perhaps if I didn't read the wall st. J. I wouldn't feel this way? I...
I like Ikea. I wouldn't furnish my house with their stuff, but I like that they DO try harder than other big companies. The reduction in packaging alone probably makes a big difference! We have some of their toys....the train set, the "roller coaster", and we had the stacking toy, too. Ds LOVES all of them. The stacking toy has a center core of rubber, and that broke and dh was able to connect it again. Something you can't do with plastic. Sure, the ideal is to buy...