or Connect

Posts by anonymousk

What is the one thing you really want to accomplish this week? What do you still need to get done that you need help with? What piece of baby gear (dipes, clothes, carriers, whatever) are you most looking forward to using?
If you could travel anywhere in the world where would you go? Right now, I think I'd love to find a lake house somewhere and just chill. You know, some place exotic like Kentucky or Michigan. But if I were being more adventurous.... Brazil? Argentina? I saw salsa dancers on the Today show a few weeks back and it totally had me dreaming about being mobile and sexy and sassy again and going out dancing. (Not to mention having ankles that wouldn't balloon over my high...
Thanks, apecaut. What was the last meal you ate? I just had a banana when I got home, but before that it was this awesome chicken pot pie at the State Museum. They have the old L.S. Ayres Tea Room set up there with all the old recipes and it is sooooooo good. And I had Sprite and a roll. What is the strangest thing you have eaten ever (not just during pregnancy)? I think the strangest thing (to me) would be oysters on the half shell. This is the corn-fed,...
We are just refusing. We don't intend to circumcise, and we're having a hospital birth with a midwife. We'll see how it goes, I guess.
And on to lighter topics... What's your favorite thing about where you live? I think that where I live is very easy. The cost of living is low, which makes all sorts of things possible, like my dance company, and yet we still have great arts organizations and programming and museums. We live downtown and can get to almost anywhere in the city in under 40 minutes, but our little neighborhood is still quiet and we have yards and grass and all that. After college most...
Is this your first baby? Yes, this is our first. We went through infertility treatments after we had two unconfirmed miscarriages in 07. I just don't seem able to turn the pee sticks for some reason and we lost them both very early, before we could get bloodwork, as we hadn't been diagnosed as infertile yet so the docs weren't very proactive. So it's hard to answer those, 'how many pregnancies have you had' questions because I know what happened but I don't have any...
Too funny! This weekend I slept in and when I got up DH had cleared out all the drawers of the desk we're using as a changing table and put all the diapers and diaper supplies away and tightened the screws and all of that. Then he got all worked up about the diaper pail being too big and we had to go buy smaller ones. But the urge seems to have passed at this point... I'll be rearranging the living room furniture myself this weekend if he doesn't get to it - it's...
Do you work outside the home? Do you plan on going back? What do you do?
How did you meet your DH? What are you most looking forward to with this new lo? What is the best piece of advice someone has given you about labor and delivery?
I love that rattle! I saw it at our local toy store last weekend and almost bought it for my friend who is pg with a girl. (I don't think it was $30 though... $15 or $20, maybe? Who knows). We did really well with baby showers and our family and friends have been so generous, but I was holding off for so long that I feel like I am a total shopaholic now that the showers are over and I can finally buy what I have been looking at for months! So far the big splurge...