or Connect

Posts by mom2annika

I delivered my first at MHSE without an epidural and with a doula. We also had Cigna at the time. (Well, we still do but it's administered through COBRA right now.) Feel free to PM me if you want more details. Sorry I don't recognize any of the OBGYN's you mentioned. OTOH, Bernadette Olivier (CNM) has a birth center in Pearland, and I've heard only wonderful things about her. Unfortunately we moved just before she opened her place. But I just had my second at a...
We moved from Abilene about the same time dirtyhipegirl did () and I heard of a OBGYN in Sweetwater that was willing to consider a VBAC patient. I never heard of any in Abilene itself. Sorry I don't have the name of the one in Sweetwater.
Quote: Originally Posted by heather82 It has been really difficult for me to find a no vax friendly doctor or at least one you can have a delayed/selective schedule with. Please add yours here so I can (and anyone else) find a pediatrician for my babies who is in the area. What part of town are you in?
Kingwood!
This may not be what you're thinking of, but what I've found as a SAHM in Houston is a need for respite care. As in, two hours here or there so I can go to the dentist, etc. My older DD is in preschool two days a week so I used to be able to schedule my appointments for those days. But now that younger DD is here, I have NO time to myself. Before we moved back here my next door neighbor ran an in-home daycare, and that was AWESOME. I could drop-in. I know in SE...
Quote: Originally Posted by mrsfrenchy please excuse my ignorance on texas weather. No problem! Yes, it is entirely possible that Austin could get hit with heavy rains and/or tornadoes if a big hurricane hits the Texas Gulf Coast. You'd have to research individual parts of Austin by specific location to see if you'd need flood insurance. I think it's the Colorado River that runs through Austin, and is dammed up to make Lake Travis. ...
Quote: Originally Posted by mrsfrenchy are there many paved trails for biking? are home owners insurance rates quite high there? (b/c of its proximity to the beach) Proximity to the beach? Maybe you're thinking of Houston and Galveston. Houston is a much bigger city than Austin and is only about 1/2 hour from the Gulf of Mexico at the southeasternmost limits. Insurance rates have gone up a little in the metro area (including Harris,...
Quote: Originally Posted by texaspeach I think you mean Caroline Long at West University Wellness? She's trained in Webster Yes, that's the one I was thinking of! Thanks. I met her last fall; she's very nice.
There are Webster-certified chiros in Midtown and in Webster (Clear Lake). Midtown is Caroline Leung (sp?); can't remember the name of the one in Clear Lake but I think their office address was on Hercules. Ah-ha! Just found the one in Clear Lake...Dr. Tovar. 1018 Hercules, Houston, 77058. GL, HTH!
If you're looking for a water birth without doing a homebirth you might want to consider a birth center. I just had my second babe at a birth center here in NE Houston (pretty far drive from Katy, but I know of at least one other mom from Katy that gave birth here). PM me if you want details. There are different kinds of midwives, too. CNMs (Certified Nurse-Midwives) can work in hospitals or birth centers (some also do homebirths, but not usually all three kinds). ...