or Connect

Posts by mom2annika

Haha. Just don't wear dark solids. Prints and light colors hide spots well.
Maybe you could alter the dress to have a zipper on the side instead of down the back. That might make it easier to nurse; even having a zipper on each side shouldn't be too difficult, since there should be seams there. Maybe an extra $30 for alterations? GL!
Yep, I hear ya. I nursed DD1 to 25 mos. in a very conservative area of Texas. We just didn't nurse in public, and it rarely came up in conversation. When it did I found there were lots of "closet nursers" out there--moms that were still nursing but not in public and not talking about it. Some of them were quiet about it cause their hubbies didn't like it, but it didn't stop them. My hubby wasn't thrilled but he knew better than to pick a fight. Now DD2 is just as...
Quick Google search indicates that no, permission slips from spouses for either procedure are not unheard of. I saw your thread title and couldn't believe it, but apparently that's common. It varies from doctor to doctor, but then depending on your location, health insurance, finances, etc. your (meaning general "you") choices might be limited.
Waiting for the six-week all-clear, but planning to do yoga again. There is a "Mommy and Baby" fit class too. We have nice walking trails. The only thing I haven't figured out is how to do my yoga...there aren't any mommy and baby yoga classes here, and the gyms won't take babies in childcare before they're 6 months old. (Even if I was willing to leave her in there, which I'm not sure I am, KWIM?) Took a walk with DH and the dog the other night while MIL was here. ...
DD1 would have nothing to do with it. She's 3.5 y.o. and still sucking her thumb. No biggie. DD2 got a different kind of paci in the hospital (which we didn't plan at all cause we didn't plan to be in the hospital to begin with). It's shaped like a baby-bottle top. She likes it. She doesn't seem to have any problems with nipple confusion. But she also slurps her hands, and this morning I found her sucking her thumb. Soo cute! So whatever makes 'em happy, is...
My first never was diagnosed with any treatable condition, but for a week (I think her 3rd week?) she screamed and screamed and screamed. Nothing could comfort her. We were all exhausted by the 4th or 5th day. I guess she just had colic, or maybe a growth spurt. Have you got a copy of Dr. Harvey Karp's Happiest Baby on the Block? Sometimes those tricks worked with my older daughter (swaddling, shushing, etc...can't remember all the 5 S's offhand). But other...
Maybe a park? Most of the restuarants and hangout places that I can think of would be closed Sunday morning. (Maybe someone else can suggest something? :headscratch) If it were me I would consider the Frankie Carter Randolph Park on FM 2351. It's a few exits south of Fuqua on I-45; just exit 2351 and turn right. It's a little ways down on the right...if you get to an intersection with FM 518 you've gone too far. It's a nice park, big, and has a nice walking trail...
Anybody have any recommendations for a "mainstream" childbirth book that is still very matter-of-fact? My sister is not at all interested in going "all-natural" but I'd still like to recommend something for her to get some basic info. FWIW, I've had two babies without drugs---I really don't know what she needs to know about getting an epidural, for example. She's 20-something weeks along now, and in her late 20's. My favorite is Henci Goer's "Thinking Woman's Guide,"...
congrats!! :