or Connect

Posts by DebHibb

I've had it with UT public schools! The proposed budget cuts will only make it worse if they go through. There are already 26 children in my 3rd grader's class, and I all the teachers and administrators and the school district personnel are all overworked. My son continues to struggle. All this at a top-rated elementary school! If money was no object where would you send your child? I live in Cottonwood Heights, and work downtown. DH works in W Valley, so...
Uh, why would you stop in Phx? Sorry, not a big fan of the place. Sedona on the other hand is pretty cool. Petrified Forest? not exactly on your drive back though...
Oh, man. We'd be into that, but I'm with some of the others - the drive is a bit far, plus we're probably too late at this point... Wish it would make it up north.
We just stopped in at REI and bought some Acorn slippers. I got him something similar to the 'easy bootie' and it has a non-slip bottom. This brand held up well for my older son last year (he had some with a plastic sole similar to the 'Monster Moc', so we're going to try them for my 4 year old. There are several places to buy them online, and there are several kinds for under $20 (which is not something I noticed on these other web-sites some people posted). They...
DS school has just 11 hours mandatory parent participation. I say 'just', because that seems very easy to fulfill (we're already at 5 in just one month). Ways they encourage this: Constant reminders (they do both emails and actual paper notices) of upcoming events, needs they have. e.g. they have asked in one way or another probably 4 times now if mom/dad have anything interesting to say to the class - e.g. a nurse, doctor, architect, firefighter, etc or to talk to...
It seems like I will never understand my son's M school. DS age 4 just started there this fall. I feel like everyone has it all figured out but me. I got the wrong kind of slippers - how was I supposed to know they use them for dance, when all they told me was for the classroom? Now, I've wasted $25 on 2 pair of slippers that are not the right kind. I'm sure they'll tell me the napkins I just bought are the wrong size too, since they were a bit larger than I'd wanted...
I have been seeing a great FP doc for 6 years, but his practice has gotten too busy and I've had it! I have already found a new ped that I think will work out well - small office, no waiting, good references, etc. but I now need a doc for me and possibly my husband (if I can convince him to switch). We are NOT planning on having any more children, so I don't really need an OB, just the GYN part. I also have hypothyroidism, so I need someone who at least understands that...
Wow. Both of those schools sound pretty cool. I'm surprised I've never heard of either of them, seeing as how I'm like the OP - plan way too far in advance, etc. The OC is charter though, and therefore free. Is it hard to get into?
Quote: Originally Posted by amcal What if you just say no. What if you just tell them that unless they can show some medical reason why induction is necessary that you have no desire to be induced? It's your body and my understanding is that at this stage, they can't terminate you as a patient. I agree. Found this with a quick yahoo search. It makes sense. The doc would be at serious risk of a lawsuit if he abandoned you this late in the...
I was never labeled as gifted. Good grades, yes (most of the time), but I had to work for them. I have always tested poorly on objective (e.g. multiple choice) tests, but have always done well verbally (i.e. I can BS well on subjective/essay type tests), and I have been quite successful - well above average at my company - in my work (accountant/auditor). At any rate, DH was gifted - not highly, but he was always quite ahead of his peers, and took ELP classes, etc. ...