or Connect

Posts by mahrphkjh

Thanks for your help.  I know with it being as bad as it is I am not expecting perfection but I would like to put him on the road to "not miserable" if possible.  I had the doctor give me a full printout of all his past tests.  Blood and skin.  I know that the environmental are going to be near to impossible to avoid - grass and weed being the worst so I can't do much about that.   However, in looking at the past tests I can see that he is very high for corn and soy...
Little background. Son was born and immediately developed eczema. I did an elimination diet when he was 5 months old. He cleared up and I was able to go back to eating all foods but he was found to be allergic and/or sensitive to just about everything. As he has gotten older we have been able to add things to his diet.   When he was 4 we did skin and blood tests for foods and environmental allergies.  He tested positive for wheat, corn, milk, tree nuts and peanuts,...
Long story short. My son who had previously tested positive for egg allergy and had reaction to egg the last time he ate it 1 1/2 years ago tested negative on a skin test to egg yesterday. He also tested positive to corn and soy but has never had reactions. What do these tests mean? Do I remove the corn and soy? Do I add back in egg and assume that he outgrew it?
Update Since I had no answers I am assuming that nobody knew if this was normal. I thought I would give an update. My friend took her son to the doctor and it turns out that the lymph node was abscessed. We are waiting to see if they will do surgery.
My friend took her 3 year old son to the doctor last Monday because he had been running a fever, a swollen gland in the lower throat and complaining of a sore throat for 4 days. The doctor looked at the throat but didn't do a culture and told her that it was strep throat and sent her home with antibiotics. Tomorrow it will be two weeks and while the fever is gone and the inside of his throat doesn't hurt his gland is still so swollen that he can not move his head. Is...
My 5 year old son is very allergic to dairy. Last Thursday he has 3 mini M&Ms. By the next day he had rash around his mouth and nose and pimples. Now however his face is getting worse with the rash all over it bumps and a sore that won't heal but is getting bigger. Should the reaction still be getting worse a week later or does he perhaps have impetigo because it does look similar to that? I am thinking of taking him to the doctor but I don't want them to put him...
If peanuts are an issue then watch out for nuts or other legumes (peas, beans, lentils). FAAN is thinking of adding Sesame Seeds to make it 9 top allergens because sesame seeds are becoming a common allergen.
My son is allergic to a few foods. Peanuts, Nuts, Lentils, Eggs, Milk and Seasame Seeds. With all the foods he shows almost immediate reactions of itchy throat and tongue, upset stomach and vomitting. He has also tested positive for wheat and soy but no longer shows reactions to them so I let him eat them in order to expand his diet. He is a difficult child - very grumpy, whiny and irritable. It has just dawned on me that this may not be his personality as much as...
My son and I had the flu (influenza) this past week. He was sent home from school last Wednesday because he said he wasn't feeling good and was running a low grade fever (99.3). I kept him home today because as of midnight last night he still had a fever of 100+. I was planning on sending him to school tomorrow because he has been fever free all day even though he has a pretty croupy cough. However, he started with the low grade fever (99.3) again tonight. Do...
I know that I can use rice milk, soy milk and margarine for the dairy substitutes but what is the best substitute for egg?