or Connect

Posts by Maela

Luckily, she went into labor on her own later that afternoon! ETA: I'm not sure how the labor went, but I got the impression it was good.
Hello!  I haven't posted here in a LONG time, but I have a friend of a friend who needs help, and I don't remember much and I've given away all of my childbirth/pregnancy books.     She's 41 weeks, and she has an appointment this afternoon.  Her dr. is pressuring her to induce, saying that every day overdue increases the chance of stillbirth, etc.     Can anyone point me to some studies/articles/books that she could quickly find/read to arm her with some solid...
How in the world do I change my signature?  It's a little outdated...     Maev is now 5 and we're homeschooling through a local charter that is SO awesome.     Jaim is 3 and a bit challenging.  Very aggressive, but also very cuddly with a fantastic sense of humor.
I got an update via email that you posted Shanna!  Otherwise I don't spend much time here anymore.  Sometimes I'll visit the homeschooling forum here.   I'll come back every time I get an update that one of you posts though!     How are you??
So he threw up five days after my last post and then hasn't thrown up since!  It's been about two weeks!  Yay!     I never did see a pattern in the food log I kept.  I really think it must have been the antibiotics.  He had horrible diarrhea with another antibiotic when he was five months old.  Those are the only two times he's been on antibiotics, and now I'm going to be super hesitant to ever put him on them again (which is probably good anyway).     I've been...
My daughter just turned five, and when people asked me what they should get her, I said books and art supplies.  She loves reading and anything artsy, and they're both things that don't take up a lot of room or are consumable.  She got SO many art supplies (watercolors, make-your-own fingerpuppets, beading stuff, colored pencils, sticker books, paper, coloring books, etc.) and lots of books.  We're set for another year!     For goodie bags, I bought cheap $2...
  Well, today after four days of no vomiting, he threw up again.  So starting tomorrow, I'm going to be keeping a detailed log of what he eats.  Boo!   To put on the log: everything he eats and how much and when when he throws up and what he was doing at the time   That's enough right?
Okay, I didn't keep track today.  We were having too much fun this weekend.  But I did want to post to say that this is the 3rd day in a row of no vomiting and there was no diarrhea today like there was the past two nights.  YAY!  I hate to be so optimistic, but I think this might be the end?  Still giving him only small amounts of dairy.  If he still isn't vomiting in a few days, I'll try letting him have more and see what happens.
Yay Crayfishgirl!  I am also mostly grain-free.  Grains were pretty easy for me to give up (except some corn every now and then - I love corn on the cob!), but sugar is my problem just like you.  HUGE problem.  Going primal helped with that a bit, but I still cheat often with sugar.     Anyway, after reading this thread and some of the older one, I decided not to make any more rules for myself.  Like a previous poster mentioned, I make a whole new set of rules for...
Can I join?  I'm so happy to have found this thread!  It makes me feel a whole lot better to know that you all have the same problem with food that I do.  I truly feel like food is an addiction, and (as someone said on the older thread) it's hard to kick because you can't go all or nothing.  You can't quit food cold turkey and abstain because you have to eat to live.  For me it's just so difficult to stop eating when I'm full.  And when I'm even the slightest bit...