or Connect

Posts by ParisApril

We had the basement insulated this past week and I just made pizza for dinner and my house is 22C/71F right now and I am roasting!  I had to open a few windows, lol.  I guess the insulation is working.
This here too.  I've not had a jar break yet.  I just put the frozen jars in a bowl or sink of cold water and in 20-30min the food is ready to pop out for reheating.  I also freeze casseroles in pyrex glass dishes with plastic lids.  I picked up a few milk crates to organize the freezer last week they work great for storing the glass jars.   I recently froze some apple cider in zip locks and one leaked all over the place before it froze.  I just noticed it and am not...
I've only been to 1 class and the whole time I was thinking about how I could do this at home for free.  Lucky it was a free class.  I don't have a gym membership for that reason also.  Yoga is not my thing, I prefer a good hard run or bike ride to make myself feel like jello.
We spend about $1000 a month on food which we are trying to lower to $700.  That included soap, shampoo, laundry soap, TP etc   We buy mostly organic foods.  Things like non-organic apples, carrots and especially celery make my mouth numb so I have to eat those organic.   I buy organic beans and grains.  We try to buy local as much as possible but for some reason Ontario farmers are not growing organics and if they are they are shipping them elsewhere and not here....
This happened to DS this summer as well.  We had been talking about go carting and mini golfing on the last night of our vacation for the whole week.  We went go carting and then made it to the mini golf place just at the cutoff for closing and the guy was nice and let us play.  Two holes in DS(5) potty trained since 15 months, had an accident.  We had biked there from the cottage.  Option 1 - Take DS back to the cottage and call it a night.  We would never have made it...
  I feel your pain on the locked in rates.  Ours is locked in at a high rate until the spring.  I will NEVER sign a long term contract again!   We were able to heat our home in Ontario from Late October to Early May for $320 in wood.  The gas bill goes up sightly more in the winter because of the gas stove.  About $10 a month. I bake a lot in the winter.  We are insulating the basement in a few days I wonder how that will effect heating costs.
I have a thick wool blanket that I double up to protect the mattress from DS's pee.  It works really well even on the nights he was trying to go without a diaper and wet the bed.  It sounds like you might need a new diaper I have 4 of these and they are fantastic.  I've never had them leak.  https://usshop.motherease.com/shopexd.asp?ID=22 They are super thick.
We heat with wood so it's all over the place depending on time of day and what room you're in.   Lows of 13C/55F highs of 20C/68F.
  I used to live in the same town as my Grandparents and would visit them at least once a week.  Then we moved 45 minutes away and didn't get to see them very much, once every other month.  My Grandpa died rather suddenly and after that my Grandma went downhill so bad and fast it hurt me to see her like that.  For a year I knew I should visit her more but I didn't/couldn't more than 3 times that year.  Then she died.  She wanted to die as well.  I hope you make it...